Emerald Panama Canal transit 2/16 - Excursion Question

Denmal

I tried posting in port of call area on cruise critic but no answers, can anyone here help ?

We are taking a princess cruises excursion titled: Exclusive Beach Resort Getaway Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Anyone done this before or have any idea which resort it will take us to?

thanks

Cannot help directly with your question...but sometimes a little detective work might point you towards an answer.  Very often the "tour" operator (or hotel, whatever) will advertise via Tripadvisor and/or other type travel sites.  You might take a look there and at least narrow it down.

33 minutes ago, Denmal said:

I tried posting in port of call area on cruise critic but no answers, can anyone here help ?

We are taking a princess cruises excursion titled: Exclusive Beach Resort Getaway Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Anyone done this before or have any idea which resort it will take us to?

thanks

If you haven't booked yet, Huatulco has much, much nicer beaches (coves). It's our favourite port on this voyage. Just sailed Emerald Princess PC full transit last month.

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Have you read through the 114 reviews on Princess' website?  Surely there is some info there about which resorts they use.  

Screenshot 2023-02-07 12.37.32 PM.png

I did look at the reviews - Not one has the name of the resort.  

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

If you haven't booked yet, Huatulco has much, much nicer beaches (coves). It's our favourite port on this voyage. Just sailed Emerald Princess PC full transit last month.

We sailed in December and Huatulco was also our favorite port. Beautiful beach coves. The one you dock at is nice and there are around 12 more up and down the coast you can explore. Some have resorts and some are rugged. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denmal said:

I did look at the reviews - Not one has the name of the resort.  

That's surprising!  How about this?  It's from the Holland America website but appears to have the same pictures as the excursion on the Princess site.  I've found when researching excursions in the past the cruise lines tend to have the same or similar excursions and sometimes you can cobble together more info from the various sites.  

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions/PVR/34364.html

Screenshot 2023-02-07 7.44.21 PM.png

11 hours ago, Denmal said:

thanks

Just heard from someone who did this excursion on their Panel Canal transit; they said it was the most enjoyable excursion of their trip.

Just did this excursion last month and loved it.  It was the Marival Resort. They have 3 pools (adult, family and fun and games).  They will set up lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach if that is what you prefer.  They will come around and take drink orders (open bar) and the lunch buffet was huge and very good. Would do it again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marden1970 said:

Just did this excursion last month and loved it.  It was the Marival Resort. They have 3 pools (adult, family and fun and games).  They will set up lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach if that is what you prefer.  They will come around and take drink orders (open bar) and the lunch buffet was huge and very good. Would do it again.

Thanks so much. That is what I wanted to hear....appreciate your response

• Like 1

Hi, everyone! Ronnie and Art here and looking forward to the cruise.  We have seen a reference to "gold night" which may be a theme night of some kind.  Could not find any reference in the App or web site, but several folks have mentioned it.  Could someone let us know more info about it and where could I find it listed.  I also understand no other theme nights.  We will be packing soon and want to include clothes for themes.  See everyone on board.  Have a safe trip to LA! 

1 hour ago, Meetingman said:

Hi, everyone! Ronnie and Art here and looking forward to the cruise.  We have seen a reference to "gold night" which may be a theme night of some kind.  Could not find any reference in the App or web site, but several folks have mentioned it.  Could someone let us know more info about it and where could I find it listed.  I also understand no other theme nights.  We will be packing soon and want to include clothes for themes.  See everyone on board.  Have a safe trip to LA! 

They did not have a Gold night on our 1/17 version of this cruise nor any theme nights.  Perhaps a different ship?

Edited by jagoffee

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

They did not have a Gold night on our 1/17 version of this cruise nor any theme nights.  Perhaps a different ship?

Thank you so very much.  I appreciate your quick response.  This info will reduce the weight of our luggage due to one less  dress for my wife.   

What percentage of the guests wore Tux for the 3 formal nights?

5 hours ago, Meetingman said:

Thank you so very much.  I appreciate your quick response.  This info will reduce the weight of our luggage due to one less  dress for my wife.   

I would really be guessing,   Perhaps 20%?

17 hours ago, Meetingman said:

On our early December sailing I’d say between 5 and 10% of the men wore tuxedos. Most men wore a suit or sport jacket, not necessarily with a tie (although I do recommend a jacket and tie, if you’re comfortable with that).

1 hour ago, EconDoc said:

On our early December sailing I’d say between 5 and 10% of the men wore tuxedos. Most men wore a suit or sport jacket, not necessarily with a tie (although I do recommend a jacket and tie, if you’re comfortable with that).

Thank you so very much, EconDoc. See you onboard!