Inconsistent Beverage Package Information from Celebrity

cruisinfly

Hi,

I've seen several recent questions regarding beverage packages. Is there a source for the "truth" on what is actually included in the all-inclusive beverage packages? I see a lot of differing information directly from Celebrity depending on where I look on their website/app. If I look in the cruise planner for my June cruise, it states a classic package includes all the zero proof package drinks plus some booze (cut-n-paste from the classic package cruise planner for $80.99 per day includes: Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen)

However, if I look at the FAQ page for beverage package comparisons at https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages, it specifically states the classic package "Does not include Smoothies or Aqua Spa Fresh Juice." and also "non-premium bottled water".

It also says classic includes drinks up to $10...but I've also seen this listed as up to $11, 12, and 13! Which is correct? Didn't they raise onboard beverage prices? Did they do that without increasing what the drink package covers?

Why would the much-cheaper zero proof package ($26.99 in my cruise planner) include premium juices and water but the far more expensive classic package not include those?

The reason I ask is that I'm not a big alcohol drinker (some is okay). I definitely want to enjoy the aqua spa fresh juice. The Classic package is included in my cruise and I hate to pay more to upgrade to the Premium alcohol package just to get fresh juice when I won't really take advantage of the premium alcohol.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

The Classic package is included in my cruise and I hate to pay more to upgrade to the Premium alcohol package just to get fresh juice when I won't really take advantage of the premium alcohol.

People are often able to get their 'Classic' alcohol package downgraded to the 'Zero Proof' package, sounds like that would suit you better.

For the rest, there is no chance that the 'Classic' package is really going to include all the premium water/juice, that really is just a typo.

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You want zero proof package.  The mobile and regular websites are often different.   This has been discussed many times. 

Thank you, Wildcat, certainly discussed but no actual resolution. No source to truth and no definition of exactly what's included. Maybe that's just something we have to live with but I really do like to know what I'm paying for. Maybe the "FAQ" is correct, maybe not.

Also, why would a $27/day package include more than an $81/day package? makes no sense.

Just now, cruisinfly said:

Thank you, Wildcat, certainly discussed but no actual resolution. No source to truth and no definition of exactly what's included. Maybe that's just something we have to live with but I really do like to know what I'm paying for. Maybe the "FAQ" is correct, maybe not.

Also, why would a $27/day package include more than an $81/day package? makes no sense.

Higher package include booze…honestly, I have rarely seen fresh squeezed juice on board (it may be more of a Suite thing)…I think you’ll be fine with the classic, especially if you enjoy the occasional cocktail.  The upgrade to premium is around $20 PPPD..I would wait until onboard and see what you can get in your current package…then act accordingly. 

This pdf is the most accurate I have seen -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Cruises-Beverage-Packages.pdf

It might be better to understand what you are actually wanting or expecting.   While the price per drink is a major deliminator there are many exception.

Red Bull is only available on Premium

What comes to mind is San Pelegrino or Evian only costs $5.00 but is not part of the Classic Program.

Unlike what you were advise Premium Juices are included under both Premium and Classic but it is important to understand that on Celebrity Premium OJ or Grapfruit is factory squeezed like you purchase in the refrigerated section.   Regular is Frozen Concentrate.     Fresh Squeezed is only available in Blu, Luminae, Elite CC Breakfast and Retreat.

You may be disappointed as what they have for juices in Spa Cafe are "smoothies made with lots of weird (my opinion) ingredients like Kale, Chi etc etc.   They are also not frozen smoothies but lukewarm. 

Here is what you are also showing under Zero Proof

Now the  Zero Proof -

What's Included

• Premium Coffees
  • Premium Teas
  • Acqua Panna Water
  • Evian Water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Vitamin Water
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Sodas
  • Spa Café Fresh Juice
  • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non-Frozen

You may get better resolution by looking in the App

image.png.5934484669a168a3d0fb79da81614527.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisinfly said:

Hi,

I've seen several recent questions regarding beverage packages. Is there a source for the "truth" on what is actually included in the all-inclusive beverage packages? I see a lot of differing information directly from Celebrity depending on where I look on their website/app. If I look in the cruise planner for my June cruise, it states a classic package includes all the zero proof package drinks plus some booze (cut-n-paste from the classic package cruise planner for $80.99 per day includes: Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen)

However, if I look at the FAQ page for beverage package comparisons at https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages, it specifically states the classic package "Does not include Smoothies or Aqua Spa Fresh Juice." and also "non-premium bottled water".

It also says classic includes drinks up to $10...but I've also seen this listed as up to $11, 12, and 13! Which is correct? Didn't they raise onboard beverage prices? Did they do that without increasing what the drink package covers?

Why would the much-cheaper zero proof package ($26.99 in my cruise planner) include premium juices and water but the far more expensive classic package not include those?

The reason I ask is that I'm not a big alcohol drinker (some is okay). I definitely want to enjoy the aqua spa fresh juice. The Classic package is included in my cruise and I hate to pay more to upgrade to the Premium alcohol package just to get fresh juice when I won't really take advantage of the premium alcohol.

Thoughts?

Hey !

Give the IT department a break 

they are really nice guys😁

177F9D2A-4BEC-4503-AD81-A67295F0014C.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer