Seascape YC Deck 19

momofmab

Hello!

Contemplating our first cruise on MSC.  Looking at booking the YC (grand suite) on Seascape and the only cabins that are showing as available (through MSC's online booking) are on Deck 19.  Has anyone stayed in those cabins and can comment on whether there is excessive noise from Deck 20 above?  Also, if I call directly, is there a chance that there would be openings on other decks?  I'm looking at what I think is a relatively unpopular week, and I'm surprised to see only 4 cabins left, almost a year out.  Does MSC usually show all its availability on its website?

Thanks in advance!

I could be mistaken, but aren't the grand suites on Seascape only on deck 19?

We'll also be in 19003 later in the year. The closest thing I could compare deck 19 to would be our cruise on Seaside a few years ago when we were on the deck directly under the One Pool area, I think that was deck 18. Some mornings, not all, we would hear what sounded like moving of deck chairs. It didn't go on for very long and it really wasn't a big deal. Most mornings we probably slept right through it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, momofmab said:

@sabres431, @jules815  do report back, if you can.  I believe 19003 is available on my sailing.

According to their website, deluxe grand suites are on decks 16-19.

There's two each on decks 16 and 18 - but those rooms I believe are held back for higher occupancy bookings (if you're just 2ppl)

• Like 2

I booked 19018 on Seascape for 12/9. I figured they wouldn’t put an excessively loud product in Yacht Club. We’re pretty heavy sleepers who like to sleep later when on vacation. We probably won’t hear anything anyway.  I may have booked another floor, if it was available, but I wasn’t going to miss out on YC just because of the floor. 

8 hours ago, Dskiba said:

I booked 19018 on Seascape for 12/9. I figured they wouldn’t put an excessively loud product in Yacht Club. We’re pretty heavy sleepers who like to sleep later when on vacation. We probably won’t hear anything anyway.  I may have booked another floor, if it was available, but I wasn’t going to miss out on YC just because of the floor. 

I ended up booking 19005 for 12/2.  I agree - I think it will be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, Zimomiller said:

Just cruised in 19039. Never heard a thing.

Hello! We're looking at 19039 on the MSC Seascape ~ was there a walk-in closet? And what is the category? Anything else you can share, we'd appreciate it!

2 hours ago, MemawP said:

We're looking at 19039 on the MSC Seascape ~ was there a walk-in closet? And what is the category? Anything else you can share, we'd appreciate it!

Seascape 19039 is a regular YC Deluxe Suite and does not have the walk in closet.  When Seashore deck plans were first released those aft-most eight cabins on 19 were listed as YC Deluxe Grand, there was some discussion of that here on Cruise Critic.  Unfortunately on some websites those cabins are still listed incorrectly as Deluxe Grand.

1 minute ago, Até said:

Seascape 19039 is a regular YC Deluxe Suite and does not have the walk in closet.  When Seashore deck plans were first released those aft-most eight cabins on 19 were listed as YC Deluxe Grand, there was some discussion of that here on Cruise Critic.  Unfortunately on some websites those cabins are still listed incorrectly as Deluxe Grand.

Ahhh Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate your help

On 2/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, Avatar345 said:

There's two each on decks 16 and 18 - but those rooms I believe are held back for higher occupancy bookings (if you're just 2ppl)

A few weeks I booked the two of us on a 14 day on Seascape for next February and one of the grands on 16 were shown as available and we grabbed it, so that must not be a hard and fast rule.