Sorry, Can’t Show Set Sail Pass

Grumpella

I booked a guarantee balcony cabin for the Voyager of the Seas on March 5th.

I have been checking the app every day to see if my cabin was assigned, but it just kept saying GTY. I tried the hack with the Apple Wallet and that also said GTY.

Today, I got the message “Sorry, cant’ show Set Sail Pass. Please proceed to the check-in counter at the port.”

Has anyone received this message before? I’m guessing my cabin won’t be assigned until at the pier?

fyi i signed in online and my Set Sail Pass was just blank.

Thank you for your help.

Some people had issues with set sail pass not showing last year.  Some reported success after going on their computer (rather than app) to edit check in, going through all the pages again (auto filled) to make sure everything is populated correctly.  Pay special attention to country drop downs (those entries reportedly disappeared and caused trouble for some others).  Hopefully your set sail pass will be visible once you finish the check in a second time.

The gty apple wallet hack does not always work.  Sometimes Royal just waits a while to assign your cabin.  I have waited until 3-4 days before sailing but have known before arriving at pier.

Edited by Starry Eyes

2 hours ago, Grumpella said:

Thank you for your help.

You still have some time - this will likely fix itself before the sailing and you'll get your assignment. Wait a couple of days after that for the docs to update to get the proper luggage tag.

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I have waited until 3-4 days before sailing but have known before arriving at pier.

On one occasion on Navigator, we booked the cruise the day before the cruise and as we were pulling into Galveston on Sunday, I got the notice on my phone of our cabin assignment...pretty cool actually, pretty cheap too...it was a virtual balcony cabin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Could someone explain this hack to me? 

Add the SetSail pass to the Apple Wallet - that will automatically decode the barcode on it - the decoded numbers should be <res number> - <cabin number> or <GTY> if still unassigned. If not on Apple, use an app or site to decode the barcode manually.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Sailing on the Allure next week. Check in shows complete but I am not able to access set sail pass on App or computer. Just shows white screen on computer and app says to check in port. Luggage tags are available. I do have a assigned cabin and not guarantee. I will keep trying and if not successful call on Monday. Thank you Royal IT department

We're having the same problem, we had a Feb 17 check-in, did all the check-in but now the app shows "Check-in for an assigned arrival time closer to your cruise". Yet from my computer it states "Please arrive within your assigned arrival time"? I did try to call, the wait time was "84 minutes"? Is this a new format for picking the arrival time? Thanks! 

• Like 1

I just checked in for my April cruise and can't access the Set Sail either thru the app or on my laptop  I did check an assigned check in time  I guess when thousands of people show up with no Set Sail passes they will fix it😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just checked in for my April cruise and can't access the Set Sail either thru the app or on my laptop  I did check an assigned check in time  I guess when thousands of people show up with no Set Sail passes they will fix it😇

Yeap I so agree…I sail on Sunday. Tried everything…cleared cookies, cleared cache, changed browsers. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Did check in over. No luck on app or PC. Called Royal…no help. Will show up without pass. Going to be on that boat one way or another 🤣😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lakelorain said:

Had this problem on my last cruise.  Although I couldn't access my set sail pass, my travel agent could.  He emailed it to me. 

Nice out-of-the-box thinking for your solution without involving a long phone call to RCI or dealing with their IT issues.😉

5 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Hasn't been resolved yet. I wonder how boarding went for anyone boarding the last few days without a set sail

Update…I went through my check in screen for the hundredth time again and this time I got the All checked in email and was able to access the Set Sail Pass on App and PC. I noticed that my reservation is linked to some support team. I called Royal twice. 
I am so glad it is resolved.. hooray 😃 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

Update…I went through my check in screen for the hundredth time again and this time I got the All checked in email and was able to access the Set Sail Pass on App and PC. I noticed that my reservation is linked to some support team. I called Royal twice. 
I am so glad it is resolved.. hooray 😃 

Yep I was able to get to mine as well. Took a screen shot to be safe. 

• Haha 1