LAPEL PINS

GeriatricNurse

1 hour ago, fastpitchdad said:

I put a Delta Silver luggage tag on my backpack even though I am a Diamond (and Premier when I was 1K) so that people would wonder why I was upgraded and they were not 🙂

oh the looks when i get upgraded with the black and siver delta luggage tag before others.... could change it out but the looks are worth it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MSP_CRUISER said:

I don't care for the non-inclusive, attention seeking nature of it. What's the message you trying to send by wearing it? 

I'm better than you! neener neener neener

I dream of how much more awesomer my next cruise will be now that I'm platinum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Actually, DW forced me to take one (and I'm not lying about this 🤣)

Hahaha this is my situation too! I think I outgrew the merit badge part a bit after you...I did get enough for that Eagle Scout thing...but now, I'm a collector of virtually nothing, so my lovely husband requires me to pick up these type of accoutrements. 

But!! No shade on those who enjoy them. Strut that which you earned! 

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, romalley99 said:

All the pins are available at the Cruise Next Desk in the Atrium. 🙂 Make sure to ask for all of them up until your status. They will give them! 

Thank you very much for your reply!  I will be sure to visit the 'Cruise/Next' Desk/Counter on my upcoming cruise on the 'Getaway' as soon as it is open after embarcation!

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2023 at 2:44 PM, SeaShark said:

As you know, nobody is forcing you to either take or wear the pin. If you don't want to wear it, fine...your choice. Someone else wants to, fine...their choice. Everyone can do what makes them happy.

Just can't understand why you'd bother painting this with such a negative light on what others may want to do. Can't you simply let others do what they want without throwing shade?

My thoughts EXACTLY!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zzdoug said:

What would be even cooler than that is a lapel pin of your absolutely awesome Canadian poutine Venn diagram logo. Where can I get one of those? 

Asking for a friend, by which I really mean yours truly because I really want one. 

Quite honestly, I can't recall how/where I got that 'Avatar'!  I believe that I may have seen another CC Member with it as their avatar; likely on the HAL CCB; copied it & replaced my (former) avatar with the 'Holy Trinity' of a Canadian meal!

9 hours ago, zzdoug said:

What would be even cooler than that is a lapel pin of your absolutely awesome Canadian poutine Venn diagram logo. Where can I get one of those? 

Asking for a friend, by which I really mean yours truly because I really want one. 

Can't you just click on my avatar, save it to your pic folder, then replace your current avatar with it?

26 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Can't you just click on my avatar, save it to your pic folder, then replace your current avatar with it?

Well, I'm not from the Great White North myself and I wanted to give it as a gift, but yes I think that would work. 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I did get enough for that Eagle Scout thing...

That's great (sincerely).  I was never much of a scout and not sure I even made it to Webelos.  A buddy and I did join the boy scouts during high school with an eye towards joining an upcoming camping/fishing adventure, but we got fired from a fund raising event when the head scout assigned us to kitchen duty and we left for something more fun.  It wasn't pretty. 🤣

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It will be awesomer!!!  Those free bags of laundry are great!  Just don't forget the garbage bags and packing tape to maximize your value.  

We use 13gal plastic trash bags, extra strength. One can get a lot of items in one. 
Not to brag but I also achieved the rank of EAGLE scout very proud of that. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, cheersforbeers said:

We use 13gal plastic trash bags, extra strength. One can get a lot of items in one. 
Not to brag but I also achieved the rank of EAGLE scout very proud of that. 

Yes.  Eagle scout is an accomplishment to be proud of.  IIRC, you invest a lot of time in activities to benefit the community.  This in contrast to pin wearers who have invested a lot of money in cruises to benefit themselves (I readily acknowledge that this is the guy I see in the mirror but, in my own defense, I do sail steerage and use the saved $$$ for better things).

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes.  Eagle scout is an accomplishment to be proud of.  IIRC, you invest a lot of time in activities to benefit the community.  This in contrast to pin wearers who have invested a lot of money in cruises to benefit themselves (I readily acknowledge that this is the guy I see in the mirror but, in my own defense, I do sail steerage and use the saved $$$ for better things).

I see no problem with being wise with expenses, just as we would never our Lattitudes tier.  We make our dollars count. 
Take care. 

14 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

and not just any cheese! Isn't it cheese curds? When I made it at home I used fresh mozarella pearls

Yes, it is Cheese Curds, the good, healthy heart friendly, artery clogging kind of cheese!

Edited by GeriatricNurse

2 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Yes, it is Cheese Curds, the good, healthy heart friendly, artery clogging kind of cheese!

Poutine...the best meal ever! Oh, I could just eat poutine every day. And yet, I rarely make it at home. I've found the fries just aren't right if not fried. 

I think NCL definitely needs your avatar logo!

4 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sorry for my unrefined pallet, but what the heck is "poutine"?

19 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Yes, 'Poutine', consisting of French Fries, Gravy & Cheese; the 'Holy Trinity' of a Canadian Meal!

16 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sorry for my unrefined pallet, but what the heck is "poutine"?

What @SeaShark quoted from above...simply the yummiest food known to man when prepared properly. Which, for gravy, cheese curds, and fried potatoes is actually quite hard to do as evidenced by the numerous restaurants that have disappointed me. 

Poutine, not Putin: Restaurants receive threats after confusion over dish

I do thank the Quebecois for at least one thing...and frozen maple syrup. Mmmm