Venice Hotels

highplanesdrifters

18 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We are coming in early to Venice this August and using the SS hotel. What hotels do SS use?

Back in 2018 I sailed out of Venice and the hotel was the Bauer Palazzo.  I don't know if they are still using it but that is what SS used for my sailing. It is lovely, right on the Canal and near St Marks Square. It was the first time I had ever sailed from Venice before.  Really, really nice property🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Starting in Venice for an Eastern Med trip next fall.  Would love to hear from CC Intelligentsia regarding their favorite hotels. Thanks!

I loved the “Amori Hotel”.  Arrived at their door by water taxi from the airport. Lovely traditional decor in the rooms. Rooms are smallish, but worth it.  The garden behind the hotel is lovely for breakfast.  The hotel had a sign up sheet for canal sightseeing and the boat picks up at the hotel.  Plus a fabulous pop up bar for a wine by the canal only awe doors along the canal. A much better experience than a chain hotel in my opinion.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone so very much for your suggestions.

I started this query after looking at the pricing of St. Regis and Gritti. @RetiredandTravel is right about the pricey part. Closet size rooms starting at $1,200, yikes. If you would like enough room between the bed and wall to walk it will cost you $1,700. Looks like I'll be putting those Amex point to work.

Yes the Bauer is closed for renovations. 

@Port Powerdid you mean the Ai Mori D`Oriente hotel?

2 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

I started this query after looking at the pricing of St. Regis and Gritti. @RetiredandTravel is right about the pricey part. Closet size rooms starting at $1,200, yikes. If you would like enough room between the bed and wall to walk it will cost you $1,700. Looks like I'll be putting those Amex point to work.

Yes, that is the correct name.  I should have looked it up again!  We loved it there.  Great location as well.  It is so enjoyable walking along the canals and over bridges.  I think that are is much nicer than being near St Mark’s Square. (Which is still easy to walk to.)

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Moresco, in Dorsoduro area, last time we were there.  Small elegant boutique hotel, with lovely little outdoor garden, on a canal, and a short walk to either San Basilio (vaporetto stop) to south, or to Piazzale Roma to north.  Our room had a view down the canal, quite roomy, lovely bath, and all for a reasonable price.  This is a quiet area, but a short walk to plenty of restaurants, shops, etc..  Everything was spotless, everything worked, and staff was as nice as could be.  

• Like 2

If you want to stay in a genuine palazzo, check out the Ca'Sagredo.  We did a week there a few years back and loved it.  It's on the Grand Canal, bang opposite the fish market, near the Rialto. Easy walk to San Marco and also by a vaparetto station. Sensibly priced but go for the best room you can afford.

IMG_3264_tonemapped_tonemapped 2.jpg

IMG_3272_tonemapped 2.jpg

DSC_0141_tonemapped_tonemapped 2.jpg

DSC_0186_tonemapped_tonemapped 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:47 PM, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Moresco, in Dorsoduro area, last time we were there.  Small elegant boutique hotel, with lovely little outdoor garden, on a canal, and a short walk to either San Basilio (vaporetto stop) to south, or to Piazzale Roma to north.  Our room had a view down the canal, quite roomy, lovely bath, and all for a reasonable price.  This is a quiet area, but a short walk to plenty of restaurants, shops, etc..  Everything was spotless, everything worked, and staff was as nice as could be.  

I stayed here last year and really enjoyed it. They also had a terrific breakfast and happy hour.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

If you have (or can transfer/earn) enough Marriott points, you can redeem them at those properties.  

Edited by Dolcevita Diva

6 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

We enjoyed it.  Loved the restaurant / bar and view from the rooftop, regular private transfers to/from Piazza San Marco, and the quietness of Giudecca Island.

Thank you. We are looking forward to two nights pre-cruise.

• Like 1