The "NEW" onboard booking!

Keys Kathy

Remember the days when you could book a future cruise with your $200 and change it up to 3 times without penalties?

In Dec we purchased a FC and we had 12 months to decide what cruise we would like to book BUT if you change it, NOW you pay $200.

NOW, you have 6 months to decide and if you do not book, you get your $200 refunded. 

After a sub standard cruise, unless my friends and I can find something interesting I am expecting the $200. back and I will be happy about it.

It was the first time I went for a future cruise and didn't feel good about it.

With the X Suite prices, we are really leaning to MSC Yacht Club.

• Like 2

Yacht Club prices definitely look better than Celebrity's current suite prices.  But MSC's itineraries are same old, same old.  Only thing interesting is their private island.  And I've never been a fan of 7-night cruises.  So, given the choice between those two, I'll probably stick with Celebrity.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Remember the days when you could book a future cruise with your $200 and change it up to 3 times without penalties?

In Dec we purchased a FC and we had 12 months to decide what cruise we would like to book BUT if you change it, NOW you pay $200.

NOW, you have 6 months to decide and if you do not book, you get your $200 refunded. 

After a sub standard cruise, unless my friends and I can find something interesting I am expecting the $200. back and I will be happy about it.

It was the first time I went for a future cruise and didn't feel good about it.

With the X Suite prices, we are really leaning to MSC Yacht Club.

I think you will find that the $200 change fee is only applicable if you book a Non-Refundable cruise.

I've booked a number recently with the Refundable fare and there is no fee to change or cancel.   I sometimes book Refundable until closer in and then change to a Refundable.  I just did last week 5 days  prior to cruise the price dropped by $600 but was a non-refundable.   Since so close to final it made no difference so had them reprice with a NR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Only if you book an "open" FCD. The best way to book an FCD is to make a dummy booking at the end of schedule, then you can change it at will as many times as you want. You could drag it on for years if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think you will find that the $200 change fee is only applicable if you book a Non-Refundable cruise.

I've booked a number recently with the Refundable fare and there is no fee to change or cancel.   I sometimes book Refundable until closer in and then change to a Refundable.  I just did last week 5 days  prior to cruise the price dropped by $600 but was a non-refundable.   Since so close to final it made no difference so had them reprice with a NR.

I’d like to understand what you did but I’m confused.  Can you explain in a more step-by-step way?  I really want to understand. Are you saying that you can change from a refundable fare to a non/refundable fare after final payment and get the cruise repriced?  Ty 

Edited by Islander500

We have friends who sail MSC regularly in the Yacht Club.

Their advice is to book the Yacht Club but don’t leave there because the rest of the ship is a zoo and they never venture out anymore. 

Personally I want to enjoy every venue on a ship and not be restricted to a small area to have good service and not feel like I’m in the middle of a cattle call. But 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Their advice is to book the Yacht Club but don’t leave there because the rest of the ship is a zoo and they never venture out anymore. 

Personally I want to enjoy every venue on a ship and not be restricted to a small area to have good service and not feel like I’m in the middle of a cattle call. But 

I plan on exploring the GenPop areas of the ship on daily walks very early in the morning before the party animals awaken and start their riff raff.  This should give me a chance to decide which venues to check out later in the day or evening.  No need for me to experience everything on this ship since there are more experiences than I can make use of on a 7-night cruise.  More interested in watching the waves go by.  If the Top Sail Lounge has a nice acoustic or piano-based performer and a few fellow passengers to converse with, then I'm good.  I'm not much of a party animal anymore.  But if the mood arises there surely seems to be lots of options on board.

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

I'm good with that advice. But I also enjoy going to the zoo every once in a while. Crowds are fine as long as there is an escape route. In that respect, Yacht Club should be perfect for me.