Dining time selections in Specialty Restaurants

Well, come this March, we will be able to make Specialty Restaurant reservations.

I will be making the reservations for my husband and I and the couple we are traveling with.

Was wondering what time slots we can choose from on the Riviera. Getting excited!

All dinner reservations for Specialty Reservations or Privee open at 6:30. You did not say what Stateroom level you are but the Suites get a 15 day earlier booking window, 75 vs 60 days. If one of you is in a higher category of room, have them make the bookings for the four of you.  Use your TA to assist you to get your preferred reservations. If you are booking yourself, remember Miami is EST so if you are in a different time zone, make your on line booking effort start at 12:00 a.m. EST or a few minutes later as there seems to always be some delay.  
Be flexible and book your preferences when you can get them, don’t be rigid. Do not use your allocation to book a Specialty restaurant the first night, they are usually readily available so just stop at the Reservation Desk on Deck 5 when you board, YOUR FIRST STOP, and see what is available and get an extra reservation. 
Red Ginger is normally the toughest reservation so get it first, then let your taste buds make the rest of the decisions. Once at sea, additional reservations are available daily based on availability. Remember, Suites always get access ahead of Veranda and below staterooms but once on board, it is fair game on availability. 
Enjoy, Mauibabes 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Well, come this March, we will be able to make Specialty Restaurant reservations.

I will be making the reservations for my husband and I and the couple we are traveling with.

Was wondering what time slots we can choose from on the Riviera. Getting excited!

They start at 6:30  to 9pm

click on the day  & restaurant & see what time is available 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Just remember that if you make reservations for your friends to join you, it uses one of their on line guaranteed reservations.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Thank you all.  We will be sailing out of Southampton, England so would I go by that time zone which is ahead of the U.S?

We are both in Penthouses so I guess that will help a little.

Again thank you.

Nope, the bookings start at midnight EST.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Later than the PHs and the upper suites, but earlier than standard veranda and below.

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks for the info!!

On 2/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, Guest said:

They open at 6:30 Your accommodations dictate when you can reserve online. If you like a table for 2 & like to eat early, this can be hard to do with anything less than Concierge level. Sharing will get you most any time. Being in a B level guarantee, it was hard to get in around 6:30. If you can't get the time you want.check in each day. We eventually got 6:30 all times except one. More times open later near the end of your voyage.

I’ll add another factor that turns out to be important, the length of your sailing.  Shorter sailings put a lot of pressure on available times as most folks want to try everything.  We sailed thrice last year on Regatta, two 8 days and one 18 day, on the 8 day sailings early times and tables for two were challenging, on the 18 day, space was available same day, the vast majority of the time.

ultimately being a bit flexible we got into Toscana and Polo at least once each on the 8 days and a total of 4 nights on the 18 day.

• Like 1

Can anyone give  a bit more information on how to book with/for other guest who are traveling with us?  I know I need their booking number.  When we go in to make the reservations, is there an option to add them?  Do they need to do anything on their end?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, cjwags said:

Can anyone give  a bit more information on how to book with/for other guest who are traveling with us?  I know I need their booking number.  When we go in to make the reservations, is there an option to add them?  Do they need to do anything on their end?  Thanks!

You need their booking number and there will be an option to add them.  They don't have to do anything (maybe be paid in full), but your booking them with you will use one of their on online advance reservations.

1 hour ago, cjwags said:

Make sure that you choose "Dine with another Booked Party". There is also the option of "Share My Table with other Guests", which makes about as much sense, but it's not the one you want. 

• Like 2

We are on Riveria in April tried to book on 1st day of opening with no luck so contacted our Oceania booking/resaervation lady, finally manged to get a booking in Jacques and one after a bit of an arguement in red ginger one for 6.30 and one for 9pm the only ones we could get, so good luck !

8 hours ago, veggieonboard said:

We are on Riveria in April tried to book on 1st day of opening with no luck so contacted our Oceania booking/resaervation lady, finally manged to get a booking in Jacques and one after a bit of an arguement in red ginger one for 6.30 and one for 9pm the only ones we could get, so good luck !

Were you trying to book a table for two or sharing? It's usually much easier to get the times you want if you are willing to share a table. 

Edited by schmerl
  • Like 1

4, 6, 8 in the Specialties, GDR the same except if you can score the Captains table one evening with a reservation and have a table for 10. If we are traveling with 6-8 of us, we are  aware that any large table ALWAYS comes with slower service so we can leisurely talk and enjoy the company of our travel companions with wonderful food and wine. If a two hour plus meal is not acceptable, please don’t book a large table or shared table for 6 or 8, you will not be happy. 
If you are on Marina, Riviera or Vista, remember you can reserve Privee for a table up to 10. Yes I have heard of guests squeezing 12 in but it is advertised for up to 10 so the added cost is only $30 pp. This can be a wonderful experience for a SPECIAL occasion, or just because you want a private dining experience. 
Enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last month we had a shared reservation on Nautica at Toscano and when arriving were asked whether we'd prefer a table for 4 or 6. Same cruise for our shared Polo reservation we were not asked for a preference and were at a table for 4.

More than once on longer cruises we have appeared for a shared table and been offered a 2-top. Several years ago we were assigned to a shared table for 8 in Polo but that's the only time we've seen that in 11 cruises.