Cigarette carton prices.

charlesr1966

4 minutes ago, charlesr1966 said:

My roommate smokes and wanted to know what the current price of Marlboro Menthol 100s cost. Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on the ship - on the MG last Nov they were $52.50 per carton .. buy 3 get one free. They were $45 on the Dream over New Years. These were for Marlboro Lights 100’s. 

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

I think it depends on the ship - on the MG last Nov they were $52.50 per carton .. buy 3 get one free. They were $45 on the Dream over New Years. These were for Marlboro Lights 100’s. 

😬$52.50 per carton😦

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, sgttami said:

That's a smokers delight price!  

My sister pays $157.00 a carton in New York and New Jersey is $120.00.

Expensive way to kill yourself other than jumping off the side of a ship.🙃

Edited by BasicSailor

18 hours ago, charlesr1966 said:

My roommate smokes and wanted to know what the current price of Marlboro Menthol 100s cost. Thanks in advance.

Just got off the Royal Princess 3 days ago.  Total cost for 4 cartons (buy 3 get 1 free) was $144.  So $48 per carton when bought single or $36 per carton utilizing the sale. Gift shop told me this was the price across all carnival brand ships (contract). 

If you are buying menthol, buy the first or second day.  They run out of those FAST! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justafem said:

And sometimes the price of snarky remarks is the same.  

Having worked for 20 years in alcohol and drug rehabilitation, I've seen many totally give up a heroin or booze addiction only to die from smoking cigarettes.  Hardly snarky.

And to think the dangers of crossing a street are equal to smoking, terrible comparision, Continued smoking will destroy one's health or kill you, while crossing the street probably has a fatality rate of 1 in hundred million or so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evandbob said:

Having worked for 20 years in alcohol and drug rehabilitation, I've seen many totally give up a heroin or booze addiction only to die from smoking cigarettes.  Hardly snarky.

And to think the dangers of crossing a street are equal to smoking, terrible comparision, Continued smoking will destroy one's health or kill you, while crossing the street probably has a fatality rate of 1 in hundred million or so.

Tucson is a small city -maybe 1 million including suburbs. In 2022 we had 49 pedestrian fatalities, including a woman on my street. Often it is people not using the cross walks, dark streets, under the influence? Very sad situations. I am not being snarky, as you haven't been either. Just the facts, man!

Hi 🙂

After a one year period of time passed when we first quit smoking; we accumulated enough money to book a B2B voyage. 

Did my clothing really smell like that. Did my skin really smell like that. Did my vehicle, furniture & carpets smell like that. Did my everything really smell like that. Oh my goodness, it really did. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

After a one year period of time passed when we first quit smoking; we accumulated enough money to book a B2B voyage. 

Did my clothing really smell like that. Did my skin really smell like that. Did my vehicle, furniture & carpets smell like that. Did my everything really smell like that. Oh my goodness, it really did. 

It's crazy what you can smell after you quit. I still buy for my son when we cruise, it's payment for the cat sitting. With these prices, it's better value for him to get those. I wish he'd quit, but that's something you have to do on your own when you are ready. I'll sit near the smoking area on the ships up on Lido and it doesn't bother me at all, but that stale crap in cars and small rooms, yeah, not so nice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

Nothing against smokers (I used to be one) but how can people afford those prices?  That's just crazy (especially in New York).  Buy a couple of cartons and that's enough for a car payment.

Like Dave Chappell says, “Those are crack prices!”

I considered myself social smoker ( if ever that even applies) Every so often I craved for a smoke. I normally smoke Capri Menthol 120's. It's been about a year ago, so I decided to stop by Walmart gas station to get one. It's $11.20 a pack. I graciously said thank you to the lady and return to my car. Holly Molly!! My social smoking is over!

• Like 1