Aqua Class Shower ?

Cruisegirl6

I am reading in aqua class bathroom the mirrors do not fog but they feel warm.  Is it true that the bathroom feels warm because of the mirror?  Is there a vent in the bathroom any ac vent in the bathroom, the worst thing I hate is a hot muggy bathroom.

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’ve not noticed that the mirror generated any heat, at least not enough to make the bathroom hot or muggy. 

REALLY? The phenomenon is on the E-class Aquaclass cabins. It's annoying and does make the bathroom very hot. And you can't turn it off. It's like that 24/7.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am reading in aqua class bathroom the mirrors do not fog but they feel warm.  Is it true that the bathroom feels warm because of the mirror?  Is there a vent in the bathroom any ac vent in the bathroom, the worst thing I hate is a hot muggy bathroom.

Yes there's vents in the shower and maybe by the toilet. But it doesn't alleviate the heat that's generated by the mirror.

Edited by kwokpot

Wow, this is better than any tipping or dress code discussion. 
Kids, get the popcorn 🙂😉

Joke aside,

S class has a small heated area and E class mirrors seem to be heated completely. However, definitely not so much that it creates any discomfort.

Edited by Miaminice

11 hours ago, kwokpot said:

REALLY? The phenomenon is on the E-class Aquaclass cabins. It's annoying and does make the bathroom very hot. And you can't turn it off. It's like that 24/7.

Yes REALLY!  We have been in Aqua on the Edge and did not find the bathroom to be hot.

I've been on Aquaclass on both the Edge and Beyond this past October and can vouch that the bathroom mirror in our cabins heated not only the mirror but the bathroom itself. When you touch the mirror, it's hot, not warm, but hot. Not enough to burn your hand, but enough to feel like a heating pad. 

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I've been on Aquaclass on both the Edge and Beyond this past October and can vouch that the bathroom mirror in our cabins heated not only the mirror but the bathroom itself. When you touch the mirror, it's hot, not warm, but hot. Not enough to burn your hand, but enough to feel like a heating pad. 

If the light in the bathroom is off will the mirror get cooler?

4 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

If the light in the bathroom is off will the mirror get cooler?

No, the light didn't have any effect on the mirror heat. The first time I encountered this on the Edge I was actually concerned something was wrong and asked the cabin attendant about it and they just said that's the way it is. When we entered our room on the Beyond in October I was checking out to see what was different from the other two ships and I noted that the heated mirror stayed the same, lol.

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No, the light didn't have any effect on the mirror heat. The first time I encountered this on the Edge I was actually concerned something was wrong and asked the cabin attendant about it and they just said that's the way it is. When we entered our room on the Beyond in October I was checking out to see what was different from the other two ships and I noted that the heated mirror stayed the same, lol.

How is the ac in the cabin does it get cool when you turn the thermostat all the way down?

27 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

How is the ac in the cabin does it get cool when you turn the thermostat all the way down?

Yes, we have no problem with the AC on E-Class ships. Just remember though if you haven't read the other threads about the issue of the AC turning off whenever the IV window is down. My husband and I enjoy the room temperature on the warmer side so on our last cruise towards the beginning as we approached warmer waters (we left from NJ go to Ft Lauderdale) we would leave the window open overnight and enjoyed the sounds of the water and air. But once we were in Curacao and Aruba it was too hot to leave the window down any length of time either during the day or night since the AC shuts off. 

26 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, we have no problem with the AC on E-Class ships. Just remember though if you haven't read the other threads about the issue of the AC turning off whenever the IV window is down. My husband and I enjoy the room temperature on the warmer side so on our last cruise towards the beginning as we approached warmer waters (we left from NJ go to Ft Lauderdale) we would leave the window open overnight and enjoyed the sounds of the water and air. But once we were in Curacao and Aruba it was too hot to leave the window down any length of time either during the day or night since the AC shuts off. 

Thank you for the help!

We did the transatlantic cruise back to the states Oct 2022 in a Aqua-class room via the Edge. I can confirm the mirror does not fog and DOES get really warm. It worked well but at times it was a little much and contributed heat to our cabin when we had issues with the AC.

The AC in our cabin always seemed to struggle and we were religious about keeping the veranda shut and blinds closed. It was definitely not ideal and we almost complained about it. However, the bigger issue was the veranda window creaked and crackled the entire trip very loudly. 

13 minutes ago, jrm523 said:

We did the transatlantic cruise back to the states Oct 2022 in a Aqua-class room via the Edge. I can confirm the mirror does not fog and DOES get really warm. It worked well but at times it was a little much and contributed heat to our cabin when we had issues with the AC.

The AC in our cabin always seemed to struggle and we were religious about keeping the veranda shut and blinds closed. It was definitely not ideal and we almost complained about it. However, the bigger issue was the veranda window creaked and crackled the entire trip very loudly. 

I have read of some people thinking the AC on E-Class ships were a little problematic. I was going to mention to the OP that there were some reports but I didn't want to alarm them. Comfortable room temperatures are such a personal thing. We like our temps on the warmer side so for us there's never an issue; in fact most of the time we leave the thermostat on our cruise ship cabins either at the neutral point or even one click to the warmer side or one click to the cooler side (on Eclass ship the thermostat allows you to select actual temps for the setting).

As an aside my brother and sister in law enjoy there room temps COLD and it's always an issue when they come visit us since it's always in the summer invariably on the hottest days, lol.  

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I have read of some people thinking the AC on E-Class ships were a little problematic. I was going to mention to the OP that there were some reports but I didn't want to alarm them. Comfortable room temperatures are such a personal thing. We like our temps on the warmer side so for us there's never an issue; in fact most of the time we leave the thermostat on our cruise ship cabins either at the neutral point or even one click to the warmer side or one click to the cooler side (on Eclass ship the thermostat allows you to select actual temps for the setting).

As an aside my brother and sister in law enjoy there room temps COLD and it's always an issue when they come visit us since it's always in the summer invariably on the hottest days, lol.  

We live in Florida so used to sleeping in the cold, like 69 degrees, I wonder if the cabin can get this cold?

20 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We live in Florida so used to sleeping in the cold, like 69 degrees, I wonder if the cabin can get this cold?

I think there's many factors that play into this;cabin location, outside temperatures, sun exposure, etc. . I don't think this is a systemic issue with the E-class cabins. At this point I wouldn't fret about this, TBH there's nothing you can do about it now. You'll probably be fine in your cabin. 

• Like 1