Future cruise booking in CAD while onboard

drakes2

My sister and I want to book a future cruise for September 28 2023 while we are onboard on our cruise this April.  Since we are Canadian we prefer our deposit to be in CAD.  How much would the deposit be and how much OBC would we each get?  Would deposit be US and then converted?  The cruise is 11 nights and we want our own inside cabins so two bookings. I've searched this board for answers also called Captains club but they do not seem to know and just said go to future cruise desk.  Perhaps someone who's booked a cruise in Canadian currency would know. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

My sister and I want to book a future cruise for September 28 2023 while we are onboard on our cruise this April.  Since we are Canadian we prefer our deposit to be in CAD.  How much would the deposit be and how much OBC would we each get?  Would deposit be US and then converted?  The cruise is 11 nights and we want our own inside cabins so two bookings. I've searched this board for answers also called Captains club but they do not seem to know and just said go to future cruise desk.  Perhaps someone who's booked a cruise in Canadian currency would know. Thanks. 

Our TA just book us a cruise in CAD will she was on board and our credit card was charged $200 CAD for B2B cruise 

the OBC is in $USD 

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Our TA just book us a cruise in CAD will she was on board and our credit card was charged $200 CAD for B2B cruise 

the OBC is in $USD 

Thank you. Yes I know the OBC is in US currently but wondering how much each of us would get for an 11 night inside cabin.   I just don't want to be charged $100 then find an FX rate when it hits my card. This cruise also comes with $400 US onboard credit plus there's an advantage that if it drops prior to final payment we can adjust.  

We book onboard all the time in Canadian and the deposit is $100 CAD each and it goes on the card in CAD.  Just make sure to be clear with them you want the booking in CAD.  The entire booking is then in Canadian dollars and cannot later be changed to USD. 

The onboard credit is still given in USD on the booking, same amount as for other USD bookings (if you don't use it before, it will be the USD OBC on your account on the cruise, and if you use it in advance, when you go into the planner it converts the USD to CAD at whatever the current rate is and once you make a purchase, that is the rate it is locked in at (if you have any OBC left)).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

If you're pretty certain you want to book this cruise, I wouldn't wait until you're onboard in April to book.

Though the OBC and reduced deposit are attractive reasons to wait until you can book onboard, I'd advise booking the cruise now with a refundable deposit.  Who knows whether the price, availability of cabins, or promotional OBC offers will change by the time your cruise comes around in April.  If the price does come down or the added OBC offsets a slight increase in price, you can cancel and rebook onboard.

Worth mentioning that Celebrity is currently offering double points for 2023 Europe cruises, but you have to book by March 1st.  With this, you can earn 66 CC points instead of the 44.  I have doubts that they'll extend this double points offer through the end of April.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

If you're pretty certain you want to book this cruise, I wouldn't wait until you're onboard in April to book.

Though the OBC and reduced deposit are attractive reasons to wait until you can book onboard, I'd advise booking the cruise now with a refundable deposit.  Who knows whether the price, availability of cabins, or promotional OBC offers will change by the time your cruise comes around in April.  If the price does come down or the added OBC offsets a slight increase in price, you can cancel and rebook onboard.

Worth mentioning that Celebrity is currently offering double points for 2023 Europe cruises, but you have to book by March 1st.  With this, you can earn 66 CC points instead of the 44.  I have doubts that they'll extend this double points offer through the end of April.

If we booked prior to March 1 and prices drop when onboard, can we cancel on-board or do I have to call Celebrity CVP.  I'm 35 points from  Elite plus so no additional advantage for the points but my sister is classic she will be select by the end of our April sailing.   Tough to do at the moment as we need to purchase USD, Euros and pounds sterling for the TA.  

22 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

If we booked prior to March 1 and prices drop when onboard, can we cancel on-board or do I have to call Celebrity CVP.

I was thinking about that as well.  I'm not sure whether the future cruise desk can take care of cancellations.  Someone else will have to answer that.

Future cruise desk cannot cancel existing reservations, but you can have two reservations on the same ship for a period of time.  I had a cruise booked, then the deal was better on the ship, I booked again, same people, same ship, same sail date, but different room (of course).  We were on the ship for 2 more weeks after I booked and then we I got home, I called in to cancel the first booking and was able to grab that room for the new booking I made on board (as it was the same category).  The guy at the future cruise desk seemed a bit worried about me having two bookings for the same cruise for the same two people for more than a few days, but in our case it was almost 3 weeks before I dealt with it and I did not have any issues.

11 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Future cruise desk cannot cancel existing reservations, but you can have two reservations on the same ship for a period of time.  I had a cruise booked, then the deal was better on the ship, I booked again, same people, same ship, same sail date, but different room (of course).  We were on the ship for 2 more weeks after I booked and then we I got home, I called in to cancel the first booking and was able to grab that room for the new booking I made on board (as it was the same category).  The guy at the future cruise desk seemed a bit worried about me having two bookings for the same cruise for the same two people for more than a few days, but in our case it was almost 3 weeks before I dealt with it and I did not have any issues.

Good to know. I just got off the phone with FBC and their prices for the flights we want are $200 more than if we booked on our own.  Maybe they will price match. I think they will. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Does your flight price have luggage included ? 

No but I just found out FBC only has refundable fares and Air Canada and Expedias are NR thus the $200 difference.  I'm only looking for now so I'm prepared for when I actually do book this cruise.  FBC won't price match for this reason plus they said difference will be in OBC anyway. Not good enough. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If we booked prior to March 1 and prices drop when onboard, can we cancel on-board or do I have to call Celebrity CVP.  I'm 35 points from  Elite plus so no additional advantage for the points but my sister is classic she will be select by the end of our April sailing.   Tough to do at the moment as we need to purchase USD, Euros and pounds sterling for the TA.  

My experience has been that if you book now with a Refundable Deposit via Celebrity - either with an agent or on your own -  If you DO NOT transfer to an Agent you have control of your record and can cancel yourself from the website.     I just did one recently.  

If you transfer it to an Agent you have to call the agent to cancel.

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience has been that if you book now with a Refundable Deposit via Celebrity - either with an agent or on your own -  If you DO NOT transfer to an Agent you have control of your record and can cancel yourself from the website.     I just did one recently.  

If you transfer it to an Agent you have to call the agent to cancel.

I may just hold off and book onboard. We'll each get the $150 for the booking and hopefully the $400 obc will still be offered. If not will have to work out the pricing to see if it makes financial sense.  There's a limit I'll pay even though we really want this cruise