Taking Water off Ship in Australian and NZ Ports

5 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

On my recent cruise to Papua New Guinea with Princess, I was impressed that they provided iced water and chilled towels  and a shade gazebo with chairs at port stops. Particularly welcome in very hot and humid conditions.

HAL used to do this.  Not sure about now, but it was very nice in the tropics, especially for someone not used to the heat!

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

On my recent cruise to Papua New Guinea with Princess, I was impressed that they provided iced water and chilled towels  and a shade gazebo with chairs at port stops. Particularly welcome in very hot and humid conditions.

Princess does that at most port stops. 

Oceania used to provide bottles of chilled water by the exit when you disembarked for the day. YOu could take as many as you wished. Now they give you a refillable bottle which you fill with chilled water and take the bottle home as a souvenir (or not)

2 hours ago, yarramar said:

Oceania used to provide bottles of chilled water by the exit when you disembarked for the day. YOu could take as many as you wished. Now they give you a refillable bottle which you fill with chilled water and take the bottle home as a souvenir (or not)

How big is the refillable bottle?

7 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

HAL used to do this.  Not sure about now, but it was very nice in the tropics, especially for someone not used to the heat!

HAL still provides water at stops but only in paper cups, sometimes with ice.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, yarramar said:

750ml, They are just thin aluminium which would be ok walking around the ship but I would still take my SS vacuum bottle for excursions

Are they OK through airport scanners (empty)? I have a light weight one which is nice as keeps water cool - but I've only carried plastic through airport scanners - and I don't like it enough to want to deal with airport holds because of it! 

12 hours ago, lissie said:

Are they OK through airport scanners (empty)? I have a light weight one which is nice as keeps water cool - but I've only carried plastic through airport scanners - and I don't like it enough to want to deal with airport holds because of it! 

We took ours on international flights and half a dozen US airports through security. I did forget that it was still full of water in Honolulu, but just emptied it at the disposal bin prior to going through security. You can then fill them at the water fountain (most airports have chilled filtered water airside) or buy a plastic bottle and decant it for the flight.

• Like 2