When can I make dinner reservations on the app w/ UDP

minnie00

1 hour ago, minnie00 said:

As soon as we get to port? Or on the ship? Would this be easier to get reservations than waiting in line at a restaurant? 
just a thought since we have the UDP…

As soon as we get to port? Or on the ship? Depends when you arrive and whether you can connect to the ship's wifi. If you arrive early, the ship still has the "old passengers" online. You need to wait until they get to zero count and switch the ship over to your cruise (which sometimes is close to or after you start embarkation). 

Would this be easier to get reservations than waiting in line at a restaurant? Yes

• Thanks 1

You'll see a courtesy booking in your calendar, but that's just a placeholder.  The very first thing we do when we board the ship is head to one of the specialty restaurants and make our bookings with the desk staff there - it's very straightforward, and they are quite helpful.  We plan our reservation time around the timing of the shows and shore excursions - and the restaurant staff has that information. 

Mind you - we are normally very early boarders, so the restaurant staff aren't yet too busy. If you board later, you might have a different experience.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toddcan said:

You'll see a courtesy booking in your calendar, but that's just a placeholder.  The very first thing we do when we board the ship is head to one of the specialty restaurants and make our bookings with the desk staff there - it's very straightforward, and they are quite helpful.  We plan our reservation time around the timing of the shows and shore excursions - and the restaurant staff has that information. 

Mind you - we are normally very early boarders, so the restaurant staff aren't yet too busy. If you board later, you might have a different experience.  

This is normally how we do it….last cruise in August on Symphony Hibachi was sold out out for whole week when we checked at the resautrant about noon on boarding day 😵 It’s no the end of the world just would be easier to book ahead 

I buy UDP for the majority of cruises on RCI. You can’t make reservations on the app before the cruise or even when you are on the ship. My recommendation is go immediately to a speciality restaurant when you board the ship to make reservations for the entire cruise.

Someone already mentioned that at a certain suite level your attendant/concierge can make reservations. However, I don’t know what kind of suite you have to book to do this. I have stayed in Junior Suites multiple times and I can confirm you can’t make UDP reservations ahead of time with this cabin. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I buy UDP for the majority of cruises on RCI. You can’t make reservations on the app before the cruise or even when you are on the ship. My recommendation is go immediately to a speciality restaurant when you board the ship to make reservations for the entire cruise.

Someone already mentioned that at a certain suite level your attendant/concierge can make reservations. However, I don’t know what kind of suite you have to book to do this. I have stayed in Junior Suites multiple times and I can confirm you can’t make UDP reservations ahead of time with this cabin. 

You get email from concierge with full suites, grand suite or above , if not just go as soon as you board.