Flights by Celebrity (FBC)

drakes2

I just got off the phone with FBC. There was a problem with the  airfare I purchased with "pay later". I got an email from Korean Air yesterday saying they'd cancel the flight if it wasn't paid in full by tomorrow night. Over an hour on the phone with FBC resulted in me paying for the flight now. It turns out Korean Air doesn't allow pay later.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I just got off the phone with FBC. There was a problem with the  airfare I purchased with "pay later". I got an email from Korean Air yesterday saying they'd cancel the flight if it wasn't paid in full by tomorrow night. Over an hour on the phone with FBC resulted in me paying for the flight now. It turns out Korean Air doesn't allow pay later.  

Thank you for this update, as I may have a KAL flight in 2025...

bon voyage

If we purchase our cruise insurance through Celebrity when we make our final payment, does that Celebrity insurance cover airline tickets we purchase on our own if we have to later cancel the cruise for any reason? From our understanding the Celebrity cruise insurance does cover flights booked through FBC.

45 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If we purchase our cruise insurance through Celebrity when we make our final payment, does that Celebrity insurance cover airline tickets we purchase on our own if we have to later cancel the cruise for any reason? From our understanding the Celebrity cruise insurance does cover flights booked through FBC.

That is why we only buy insurance from 3rd party providers and the air is covered if we buy from FBC or direct with the airlines.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is why we only buy insurance from 3rd party providers and the air is covered if we buy from FBC or direct with the airlines.

So then independently purchased flights are not covered by the Celebrity cruise insurance whereas the flights booked through FBC are. Thanks! That's what we had thought. 

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So then independently purchased flights are not covered by the Celebrity cruise insurance whereas the flights booked through FBC are. Thanks! That's what we had thought. 

We buy our travel insurance through my TA's parent company and in most cases it is less than what the cruise lines charge. Plus, if we have to make a claim my TA handles the claim and does all of the filing. Last year we had a sizable claim because of Covid interrupted travel and my TA took care of all the paperwork and got our claim paid is a reasonable time. It is also my understanding that Celebrity insurance will not cover independent 3rd party shore excursions if you cancel for a covered reason.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1