Premier Package -Information on Reserved theatre seats

phabric

On the Caribbean Princess, there were not Premier seats reserved Feb 20.

Tonight Feb 21, deck 7, left hand side, 5 rows had covers on them to reserve Premier seats.  Crew checked medallions.  It was announced that 10 minutes before the show any vacate seats would be released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Stage Left or House Left....not that it matters.  Surprised it wasn't center.  Hmmm.  Not the best seats in the house.

Enter deck 7, left side once you enter the doors.

It seemed it was a section that hand railings all around so easy to have a separate area for the reserved all together with no one around there.

Center seats are long rows.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Stage Left or House Left....not that it matters.  Surprised it wasn't center.  Hmmm.  Not the best seats in the house.

The perk for Premier is not that they are the best seats in the house, but selling the idea that you have seats guaranteed to the shows in the theatre so you don't have to worry about the theatre being full 15 minutes before the show.  On a cruise like one of the 80s cruises with special cover bands I could definitely see this being a legitimate perk because everyone wants to get in.  

2 minutes ago, mowogo said:

The perk for Premier is not that they are the best seats in the house, but selling the idea that you have seats guaranteed to the shows in the theatre so you don't have to worry about the theatre being full 15 minutes before the show.  On a cruise like one of the 80s cruises with special cover bands I could definitely see this being a legitimate perk because everyone wants to get in.  

You may still need to plan ahead as the number of those reserved seats is far less than the number of people eligible to sit in them.

Only time will tell if you show up 20 minutes before the show if any seats are left there.

5 hours ago, phabric said:

On the Caribbean Princess, there were not Premier seats reserved Feb 20.

Tonight Feb 21, deck 7, left hand side, 5 rows had covers on them to reserve Premier seats.  Crew checked medallions.  It was announced that 10 minutes before the show any vacate seats would be released.

Was today a Production Show?

One place on the Princess web site says the seat will only be reserved for production shows.

7 minutes ago, mowogo said:

On a cruise like one of the 80s cruises with special cover bands I could definitely see this being a legitimate perk because everyone wants to get in.  

As a cover band would not be classified  as a Broadway  type production show, there would be no reserved seating, according to Princess. 

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Was today a Production Show?

One place on the Princess web site says the seat will only be reserved for production shows.

Yes, second night was a first production show.

I have found the first night, the theater is not full as people have a late lunch, late, dinner, unpacking. On the Caribbean, the first night show was packed.  We decided to go earlier for dinner on the second night, theater doors opened just before 7 and by 7:15 it was packed.

We were seating on the left side near the audio booth, I could not see if there were reserved seats on the right side of the theater.

I will see if seats are reserved tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1