Valuetrips - Hyatt Place

LuCruise

Has anyone booked Hyatt Place recently using Valuetrips?  We have a cruise out of FLL end of December.  The rates haven't been released yet but from what I see overall (and week prior), hotel costs have gone up significantly.  DH and I stayed at Hyatt Place in December and were quite pleased.  The cost for Valuetrips is quite good

1. Is Valuetrips reliable?  Any issues?
  2. How long after submitting the online form do you get confirmation that you are booked?
  3. We are a family of 4 so it looks like the cost shown is for 2 people and they add $10 pp to that?
  4. I assume these rates are non-refundable?

We usually either book direct or with expedia so am a little iffy unless good feedback.

Edited by LuCruise

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Has anyone booked Hyatt Place recently using Valuetrips?  We have a cruise out of FLL end of December.  The rates haven't been released yet but from what I see overall (and week prior), hotel costs have gone up significantly.  DH and I stayed at Hyatt Place in December and were quite pleased.  The cost for Valuetrips is quite good

1. Is Valuetrips reliable?  Any issues?
  2. How long after submitting the online form do you get confirmation that you are booked?
  3. We are a family of 4 so it looks like the cost shown is for 2 people and they add $10 pp to that?
  4. I assume these rates are non-refundable?

We usually either book direct or with expedia so am a little iffy unless good feedback.

There is already a thread on CC.

Just go to their website, prices came out in Dec 2022 for 2023.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

There is already a thread on CC.

Just go to their website, prices came out in Dec 2022 for 2023.

Thanks.  Didn't see anything specific.  

Yes I see the price for the date that we need, so can see it's a good price.  Wondering people's experience though, if reliable, etc, non-refundable cost (website doesn't say so I assume so), etc

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yes I see the price for the date that we need, so can see it's a good price.  Wondering people's experience though, if reliable, etc, non-refundable cost (website doesn't say so I assume so), etc

We’ve been happy with the booking.

You go to hyatt website afterwards and you can pull up your confirmation and print or screenshot.

Any changes or cancellations you do it with Hyatt. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LuCruise said:

You can also (we have) called the hotel directly and got a confirmation and have them input any requests you may have and your membership number (if you have one) so you'll get the free breakfast. Once booked with VT everything else is done directly with the hotel including cancellations 24 hours before arrival etc.

52 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You can also (we have) called the hotel directly and got a confirmation and have them input any requests you may have and your membership number (if you have one) so you'll get the free breakfast. Once booked with VT everything else is done directly with the hotel including cancellations 24 hours before arrival etc.

Thank you.  Good to know after booking, just deal with the hotel.

Do you know if the booking through VT is refundable or non-refundable?

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thank you.  Good to know after booking, just deal with the hotel.

Do you know if the booking through VT is refundable or non-refundable?

It's refundable (your credit card isn't charged as it's just used to hold your reservation), but as I said above you must cancel it directly with the hotel and it's either 24 or 48 hours prior to arrival date to cancel your reservation or I believe they charge one night to your card on file.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

It's refundable (your credit card isn't charged as it's just used to hold your reservation), but as I said above you must cancel it directly with the hotel and it's either 24 or 48 hours prior to arrival date to cancel your reservation or I believe they charge one night to your card on file.

Great.  Thank you. That's great if it's refundable and not an issue to deal directly with the hotel for anything after booking.

• Like 1

I had a reservation full price with Hyatt Place.  When Value Trips price came out in Dec 2022, I booked through Value Trips at their price for Feb 2023 and cancelled my direct reservation and saved $91 booking through Value Trips.

Value Trips will send you a confirmation email a few days after you make the reservation.  The email will have the full price (ValueTrips + tax). The price of Value Trips site does not show the tax.

Edited by phabric

21 minutes ago, phabric said:

I had a reservation full price with Hyatt Place.  When Value Trips price came out in Dec 2022, I booked through Value Trips at their price for Feb 2023 and cancelled my direct reservation and saved $91 booking through Value Trips.

Value Trips will send you a confirmation email a few days after you make the reservation.  The email will have the full price (ValueTrips + tax). The price of Value Trips site does not show the tax.

Thanks for mentioning. That's a good point when calculating the VT price with regular booking.  For us too, we are Canadian so also need to consider converting to CAD.  Glad it worked for you and you were still able to save money booking through them.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for mentioning. That's a good point when calculating the VT price with regular booking.  For us too, we are Canadian so also need to consider converting to CAD.  Glad it worked for you and you were still able to save money booking through them.

I have Feb 2024 booked direct with Hyatt Place and will wait until Value Trips post their 2024 prices.  There are black out dates listed on their site.  Credit card is put down to hold your reservation, pay at hotel, add Hyatt number.  If cancelling - call hotel direct or cancel on Hyatt Place website with confirmation number you received by email.

Each hotel room has 2 beds, sofa that can sleep 2, refrigerator, hot breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal , bread, bagel, fruit, coffee, tea, orange/apple juice, snack case with  $ water, soda, few snacks, bar (looked like they sold some food).

Feb 2023 - sign up at checkin for $9/pp shuttle to Port Everglades port. Goes from 10am, every hour.

Close to small shopping center with restaurant, liquor/grocery store and a few stores.

Within walking distance restaurants.  We always go Kelly’s Landing (TD bank at the corner, opposite grocery store at the end of a shopping plaza).

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:23 AM, LuCruise said:

I've always used ValueTrips to book Hyatt Place hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't have any complaints. Restaurants, shopping, and grocery shopping are within walking distance.  There is also a Riverwalk trolley that can take you around. The hotel rates are reasonable and your credit card is charged when you check in.  If you decide to cancel your stay, call Hyatt Place directly to cancel.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the info.  Very helpful.  Dh and I stayed at Hyatt Place in December pre-cruise, which is why we are looking at going back.  We just booked on our own through travel site as price was ok then.  We like the area being near Harbor Shops, and the room would be great with our kids with the semi divider for the sofa bed and extra space.  We usually just uber to the port so we are on our own schedule (and it's close), but good to know shuttle is available too.

Can anyone comment on how long Valuetrips is taking to reply to their reservation request? I am kinda concerned as I submitted a request over a week ago .  In the past I think I heard back in four or five business days at the most , but that was  pre pandemic 

4 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Does anybody know when Value Trips will offer their 2024 prices?  We need a one night precruise hotel in Fort Lauderale in January 2024, and if they don't come out until December 2023, that makes me nervous to wait that long.  

The 2023 rates came out mid Dec 2022.

Book a refundable hotel now for your date and when ValueTrips 2024 rates comes out and you receive your confirmation email from them then cancel your other booking.

I had booked direct with Hyatt Place for Feb 2023.  When 2023 prices came out mid Dec 2022 with ValueTrips, I booked for Feb 2023, it took about 10 days (over Holidays) for my email confirming my ValueTrip price.  I cancelled my direct booking with Hyatt Place

Edited by phabric

2 hours ago, phabric said:

The 2023 rates came out mid Dec 2022.

Book a refundable hotel now for your date and when ValueTrips 2024 rates comes out and you receive your confirmation email from them then cancel your other booking.

I had booked direct with Hyatt Place for Feb 2023.  When 2023 prices came out mid Dec 2022 with ValueTrips, I booked for Feb 2023, it took about 10 days (over Holidays) for my email confirming my ValueTrip price.  I cancelled my direct booking with Hyatt Place

Thank you.  That's what we'll do.  Is it usually any problem getting it in January 2024 when it comes out the end of December of the previous year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Need to book our pre-cruise hotel for Feb 16/17, and this Value Trips is sounding like a great plan!  2024 is not yet open - my Question is - I see the following fine print - does this mean that my dates can't be booked?  Thank you!

image.png.bb96445eb8ca2e29f848529ad56dce83.png

21 minutes ago, Cinderellis said:

Need to book our pre-cruise hotel for Feb 16/17, and this Value Trips is sounding like a great plan!  2024 is not yet open - my Question is - I see the following fine print - does this mean that my dates can't be booked?  Thank you!

image.png.bb96445eb8ca2e29f848529ad56dce83.png

Hard to say, as the 2024 dates have yet to be published, so presumably those blackout dates are from 2023 as currently shown on the VT web site? As we can see, Jan and Feb are pretty popular times with lots of blacked out dates, so your mid-Feb dates may possibly be on the black list, but we wouldn't know until they are published.  Most of those VT blacked out dates shown are around weekends, as is your desired Feb 16/17, 2024.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if your dates weren’t blacked out:  that is the beginning of Presidents Day weekend which leads into the week where many public schools have a winter vacation so it is always a busy cruise week and hotels don’t need to discount prices.