Personal cups

Ombud

On 2/23/2023 at 11:58 AM, memoak said:

I had thought that most coffee not at the IC was made from syrup. That would be Buffet and MDR but I may be mistaken

Not on the ships I've been on and IC's large cups are the perfect size. Now that I've settled down I'll probably still buy one of those to avoid carrying my Starbucks travel cup around. 

I used be so accepting of change but covid shutdown was apparently a jolt to my sensibilities. It's just $6 + 18% tax a day. I can easily afford that

39 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not on the ships I've been on and IC's large cups are the perfect size. Now that I've settled down I'll probably still buy one of those to avoid carrying my Starbucks travel cup around. 

I used be so accepting of change but covid shutdown was apparently a jolt to my sensibilities. It's just $6 + 18% tax a day. I can easily afford that

It’s my understanding as of 2 days ago they are no longer offering stand alone coffee card.  You need to get Plus or Premier package to get coffees from the IC.  Saw a video on YouTube from very reliable blogger who travels mostly Princess

5 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

It’s my understanding as of 2 days ago they are no longer offering stand alone coffee card.  You need to get Plus or Premier package to get coffees from the IC.  Saw a video on YouTube from very reliable blogger who travels mostly Princess

I thought I could still buy it

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

@spyro1952 can you post a link to the vlogg??

Just to clarify: I thought I could still buy / pay for a cup of coffee at IC. I did not see or hear where it was a closed venue only accepting Plus, Premier, or the new $47 pkg. 

I took her post to mean that you had to get Plus or Premier if you didn't want to but the coffees individually, not that you can't buy them at all without a package.  Not letting standard fare passengers buy coffee would probably cause a mutiny

Thanks Ginny! 

2 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I took her post to mean that you had to get Plus or Premier if you didn't want to but the coffees individually, not that you can't buy them at all without a package.  Not letting standard fare passengers buy coffee would probably cause a mutiny

I'm just cracking up over here because on another thread @Shelly97060 states they are actively selling & trading minibar for the 'new' coffee pkg.

Maybe Princess does pay some attention to social media

• Like 1

Just now, Ombud said:

Thanks Ginny! 

I'm just cracking up over here because on another thread @Shelly97060 states they are actively selling & trading minibar for the 'new' coffee pkg.

Maybe Princess does pay some attention to social media

I just saw that after I posted....maybe the PVP's haven't been updated, but then again they sometimes get wrong answers from Princess so who knows?

Just now, vjmatty said:

I just saw that after I posted....maybe the PVP's haven't been updated, but then again they sometimes get wrong answers from Princess so who knows?

All mine said was "don't worry, you can still have coffee. I know how important it is to you" and then I got 65 OBC. Not sure if its related but timing weird .... or maybe its that Princess had me go to SF for an updated birth cert (my passport is stuck in processing) thats exactly like what I had .... or just bc

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

All mine said was "don't worry, you can still have coffee. I know how important it is to you" and then I got 65 OBC. Not sure if its related but timing weird .... or maybe its that Princess had me go to SF for an updated birth cert (my passport is stuck in processing) thats exactly like what I had .... or just bc

That is weird timing.... I could definitely drink $65 worth of coffee even on a three-day cruise

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Don't see how they can take away trading the mini bar for Coffee "cards." Not claiming knowledge of policy. Following with interest as this is what we do.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

ah, that explains it. We've never had coffee cards. The teeny tiny cups at the buffet and MDR are driving us crazy.

We drink a ton of hot tea at home and we use rather large mugs for it.

Same for me. I have a 32oz BubbaMug that I use at home. On cruises I take my 20oz Mug as I only tend to drink the tea in the morning and don't want to carry it around for the 2 hours it normally takes to empty the big one. 

On 2/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, Mike45LC said:

I have been bringing a 20 oz tea mug with me on cruises for well over a decade.  I decorated it with that glitter glue one Christmas, with my name, so that no one innocently thinks it is a public mug and walks off with it.

At the breakfast buffet, I fill the mug with hot water and tea and leave it claiming my table as I go get food.  By the time I return with my breakfast, the tea has steeped and I am good to start breakfast.

The only downside is that I need to wash my mug -- the only dish I wash on a cruise ship.

Yep, thats our standard ploy in the buffer too. Get a drink of something (hot tea in the morning, cold tea for lunch) and us that to claim a table while we go off and get our food.