Ventura cabin question

SarahHben

I wondered if any of you could please tell me what the lighting is like at the desk/mirror area in Ventura's standard cabins? Is it good enough lighting to do make-up? 

When we were on Iona last year the desk area was too dark to do my make up there, I had to take it all into the bathroom.

Thanks

According to SWMBO the lighting all cabins of all ships is inadequate for applying warpaint so she has a portable led light that she takes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixada-Portable-Sensitive-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B08424FW8Y/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2I85QN3132DDT&keywords=portable+led+lamp&qid=1677338009&sprefix=portable+led+lamp%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, david63 said:

According to SWMBO the lighting all cabins of all ships is inadequate for applying warpaint so she has a portable led light that she takes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixada-Portable-Sensitive-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B08424FW8Y/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2I85QN3132DDT&keywords=portable+led+lamp&qid=1677338009&sprefix=portable+led+lamp%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-5

That's a great idea, thank you for the link. 😊

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I wondered if any of you could please tell me what the lighting is like at the desk/mirror area in Ventura's standard cabins? Is it good enough lighting to do make-up? 

When we were on Iona last year the desk area was too dark to do my make up there, I had to take it all into the bathroom.

Thanks

It's dreadful Sarah. Definitely take a portable if you can otherwise it's bathroom all the way there and back. Jane xxx

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW doesn't wear it. She don't need it🥰

She is very fortunate then 😊

My kids used to joke that in an emergency I would grab my mascara first, before them. Only my closest family & friends have seen me with naked eyelashes in the last 35 years or so 🤣

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

It's dreadful Sarah. Definitely take a portable if you can otherwise it's bathroom all the way there and back. Jane xxx

I'm definitely going to have to get a travel light or light up make up mirror.

We're not going until August but I like to be prepared 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leomins said:

I find the travel illuminated mirror very good as one side is magnified which I need when not wearing my glasses. I’ve also used it on the balcony, more convenient than a fixed mirror.

That's a good idea.

I think I need to do some research and try various options at home before we go.