Internet package

xyankee

I have a cruise coming up in April. Already checked in. I remember seeing somewhere that purchasing the internet before boarding the ship is less than purchasing onboard. I looked in both the app and RCCL website but do not see anywhere to pre purchase the internet package. How is this package purchased in advance?

11 minutes ago, xyankee said:

I have a cruise coming up in April. Already checked in. I remember seeing somewhere that purchasing the internet before boarding the ship is less than purchasing onboard. I looked in both the app and RCCL website but do not see anywhere to pre purchase the internet package. How is this package purchased in advance?

On website in cruise planner, go to top left corner and pull down menu. Click on internet. Always cheaper to pre purchase. You probably only have surf and stream option now.

4 hours ago, ddame said:

Sounds like we have to buy a package with Streaming even if I just want the internet package to check for emails?

Yes, RCI doesn't have a tier for just email and the lower tier Surf seems to be going away on most ships (not available at all in the planner), leaving only the more expensive Stream tier as the only choice. If you only need check occasionally, you'll probably find free wifi in ports.

58 minutes ago, Bateau_de_croisiere said:

I just got offered today the Classic Soda And VOOM One Device for $22.99 / per guest per day. I jumped on it since internet alone was going to be $16.99 per device per day.

That's a decent price.  If you consider the soda package at $8.99, $14 for a single device isn't terrible.  

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, RCI doesn't have a tier for just email and the lower tier Surf seems to be going away on most ships (not available at all in the planner), leaving only the more expensive Stream tier as the only choice. If you only need check occasionally, you'll probably find free wifi in ports.

Yes the 'majors' seem to have decided to monetize the internet. We used to get free internet with the Princess loyalty program, but it too decided to eliminate that perk for all tiers. Sad... For shorter cruises. we'll just get wifi at the port or wherever we find a Starbucks...

Edited by ddame

On 2/27/2023 at 3:20 AM, ddame said:

Yes the 'majors' seem to have decided to monetize the internet. We used to get free internet with the Princess loyalty program, but it too decided to eliminate that perk for all tiers. Sad... For shorter cruises. we'll just get wifi at the port or wherever we find a Starbucks...

On our last cruises on Princess prior to pandemic wonderful quality Medallion internet was super cheap. For 4 devices and 10 days internet was $140. It was $7.99 a day for 1 I think.

On Royal you can by internet on big sale for $13.99 a day... but you need to catch it.