What sort of outlets on Constellation?

mmr923

• mmr923 changed the title to What sort of outlets on Constellation?
21 minutes ago, mmr923 said:

Are they all Euro plugs? Do we need adaptors? Also, can I plug in a 120v/60Hz Shark Flex-Style hair dryer without risking frying it? Thanks in advance! 

American and Euro plugs are located next to the stateroom desk.

18 minutes ago, mmr923 said:

Are they all Euro plugs? Do we need adaptors? Also, can I plug in a 120v/60Hz Shark Flex-Style hair dryer without risking frying it? Thanks in advance! 

There are standard US 3-prong and there is a round euro type too that is 220V.  Check the Shark description for your dryer.  It is likely dual voltage like most electronics these days.  If so either outlet would be OK,  but you would need an adapter if you want to use the euro-type plug.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

There are standard US 3-prong and there is a round euro type too that is 220V.  Check the Shark description for your dryer.  It is likely dual voltage like most electronics these days.  If so either outlet would be OK,  but you would need an adapter if you want to use the euro-type plug.

it is NOT dual voltage. So can I use the Euro outlets (with an adapter)? Aren't us outlets 110/50? 

3 hours ago, mmr923 said:

it is NOT dual voltage. So can I use the Euro outlets (with an adapter)? Aren't us outlets 110/50? 

I would be surprised if it were not dual voltage.   Look on the side or cord and you should see the input voltage -   if it says 100-240V then it is dual voltage.   

If it is only 100-120 DO NOT plug it into the 220V adapter you will fry it.     Since there are 110V US plugs you should use that instead

C3448C18-CC85-40E9-BC22-8D3DD9A5D002.thumb.jpeg.520108042147a2de56f6f290871d5626.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

60 vs 50 cycles won't affect at all --- it's the voltage that's important.    I use the 220 plugs all the time with everything from my laptop to USB charging blocks.    Most dual power devices about everything manufactured in the past 10 years play nicely.