Fare Guarantee Programme

Stumblefoot

Thanks for the reminder.  I have been checking periodically but realized I haven't in a while when I read this.  My 2024 Iceland cruise now has P2P available (didn't before) so this should save me $4,500.  Sent a note to my agent.  Thanks again

• Like 1

So just a follow up on this.  I repriced my Iceland 7/24 cruise and just got the confirmation.  Unlike our D2D Med cruise coming this year, we had no need for the extras so the new Prepaid P2P promotion saved me $6,000 vs the original D2D with the extras backed out.  I did need to pay in full and it’s non cancellable but I’ve never cancelled a trip in 50+ years and CC provides decent trip insurance.  

• Like 2

We added a cruise B2B to the one we had already booked.  We couldn’t get the suite we wanted one the new section of the cruise.  (and that’s not a problem).  We safe about $6,000+US by booking the extra section.  From what was left in Suite we took the highest on available, but had to take it guaranteed - that category or higher.  What happens if they don’t have that category or higher?  If you know, thanks for your answers.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, ronrick1943 said:

From what was left in Suite we took the highest on available, but had to take it guaranteed - that category or higher.  What happens if they don’t have that category or higher?  If you know, thanks for your answers.

They tow you behind the ship in one of the lifeboats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, jpalbny said:

They tow you behind the ship in one of the lifeboats.

13 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Do the have a Butler?🤗 I’m Serious, how do they handle that situation? It must have happened before.

Of course they do.  He applies aloe vera to your chapped hands when the rowing gets too much!  🤣

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2023 at 7:54 PM, ronrick1943 said:

What happens if they don’t have that category or higher?

@ronrick1943  Sorry, you're looking for a serious answer here. I think the simple answer is that they will have your category or higher, or they wouldn't have sold you a guarantee booking. (If bookings had already equaled available cabins at your level or higher, you would have been offered to be waitlisted for the cruise.)

16 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@ronrick1943  Sorry, you're looking for a serious answer here. I think the simple answer is that they will have your category or higher, or they wouldn't have sold you a guarantee booking. (If bookings had already equaled available cabins at your level or higher, you would have been offered to be waitlisted for the cruise.)

Agree, we booked this cruise as an add on to another cruise (b2b), we have a nice suite on the first booking.  After looking at the hotel we were going to stay at in Lima, the air and the days-it turnout a better deal to add 8 days to the cruise ( got a b2b discount, etc) and the cost was just a few thousand dollars more to cruise.  And we dock over night in Lima, plus we stay over night in Lima for the cruise.