Fare Guarantee Programme

Stumblefoot

Just wanted to take a moment and encourage folks here to review the prices of their bookings from time-to-time. 

With the current promotional period end date today, I took a peek at the voyages I have booked and found a 2024 voyage I had booked exactly one year ago today in 2022 has decreased in price by 11%.  So, I filed my claim and received an updated booking confirmation today at the lower price.  The only thing I'm waiting on now is how SS plans to handle the refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

The only thing I'm waiting on now is how SS plans to handle the refund.

No worries, I contacted Ms. M and she's sending it to me for safekeeping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Stumblefoot, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I noticed a similar decrease for a cruise I have booked for August 2023. I'm reaching out to my Silversea Cruise Consultant to see if he can do the same adjustment for me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks but for our upcoming cruise it is waitlist only. So no chance there

On our next 2 cruises after that they are both $A20000  above what we paid. just hope SS doesn't want extra.😁

seems we pick popular cruises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Just wanted to take a moment and encourage folks here to review the prices of their bookings from time-to-time. 

With the current promotional period end date today, I took a peek at the voyages I have booked and found a 2024 voyage I had booked exactly one year ago today in 2022 has decreased in price by 11%.  So, I filed my claim and received an updated booking confirmation today at the lower price.  The only thing I'm waiting on now is how SS plans to handle the refund.

This only applies to Door to Door fares correct?

On 3/1/2023 at 3:36 AM, drron29 said:

Thanks but for our upcoming cruise it is waitlist only. So no chance there

On our next 2 cruises after that they are both $A20000  above what we paid. just hope SS doesn't want extra.😁

Don't put ideas into their heads! 🤣

• Haha 1

Just received an email from SS about combination cruises having a discount of 20%. One of the combinations is a cruise we are doing on the Muse in October this year.However the discounted price is $A9700 dearer for each person than when we made the booking.

So book early.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Just received an email from SS about combination cruises having a discount of 20%. One of the combinations is a cruise we are doing on the Muse in October this year.However the discounted price is $A9700 dearer for each person than when we made the booking.

So book early.

I, for one, am getting a bit tired of the constant tooing  and froing, upping and downing, increasing and discounting, d2d-,  p2p+, smoke and mirrors, spin a wheel pricing policies. It does nothing other than cheapen the perception, devalue the product and leave most cruisers looking over their shoulder thinking they’ve booked at the wrong time. I Understand completely the principles of dynamic pricing but the constant ambiguous pricing policies are more in keeping with a bargain bucket retailer than an ultra luxury company that you entrust your precious free time to. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I, for one, am getting a bit tired of the constant tooing  and froing, upping and downing, increasing and discounting, d2d-,  p2p+, smoke and mirrors, spin a wheel pricing policies. It does nothing other than cheapen the perception, devalue the product and leave most cruisers looking over their shoulder thinking they’ve booked at the wrong time. I Understand completely the principles of dynamic pricing but the constant ambiguous pricing policies are more in keeping with a bargain bucket retailer than an ultra luxury company that you entrust your precious free time to. 

Welcome to the world of Royal Caribbean Group!  It isn't going to change...

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Such a shame Host JB. I Run an open and honest business. We offer people what we offer at a fair price. We are very seasonal where we are and are heavily weighted towards weekends. We therefore offer discounts midweek or off season. Simple. Several competitors try their arm during peak season with increases of up to 1000% on a Bank holiday Saturday and usually get it when you’ve got the only room available within 60 miles. If that was my strategy I’d never sleep again. Things depend so much on providing an experience that people feel that they have paid a fair price for. Our Regulars are looked after even more so. I Don’t take kindly myself to having to watch prices daily and learn which hoops need to be jumped through to pay a fair price for something. To me, any company that feels that they need to play those games has no confidence of the quality of the product they are offering and shouldn’t be using the word luxury, let alone prefacing it with the word ultra. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Such a shame Host JB. I Run an open and honest business. We offer people what we offer at a fair price. We are very seasonal where we are and are heavily weighted towards weekends. We therefore offer discounts midweek or off season. Simple. Several competitors try their arm during peak season with increases of up to 1000% on a Bank holiday Saturday and usually get it when you’ve got the only room available within 60 miles. If that was my strategy I’d never sleep again. Things depend so much on providing an experience that people feel that they have paid a fair price for. Our Regulars are looked after even more so. I Don’t take kindly myself to having to watch prices daily and learn which hoops need to be jumped through to pay a fair price for something. To me, any company that feels that they need to play those games has no confidence of the quality of the product they are offering and shouldn’t be using the word luxury, let alone prefacing it with the word ultra. 

When I was a college student in France in 1967, we spent many weekends at the Hôtel du Quatrième Arrondissement in Paris.  It was a small place [more 'quaint' than 'boutique,' but we were poor students!] with good rates.  When making a reservation for Bastille Day weekend, I asked if the rate would be the same [because even back then many places used 'dynamic pricing' for holidays etc].  The patron pulled himself up to his full 5' 2" and said defiantly [my translation]:  Monsieur, this is a legitimate establishment!  Sadly, there are very few 'legitimate' establishments in his definition any more...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well, Seabourn is owned by Carnival and Regent is owned by Norwegian, so according to this logic, all luxury lines would implement the same tactics?

We booked our first SB cruise 2 months ago. Since then the price has changed 3 times already. First it jumped from 7,900 to 9,500, then decreased to 8,400 and now increased to 9,900.

I guess all lines doing those pricing adjustments. 

btw, the only line that I have never seen price decreases is Oceania. They do other promotions (Ultimate sale, included gratuities etc) but not direct price decreases. At least I haven't seen any.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Well, Seabourn is owned by Carnival and Regent is owned by Norwegian, so according to this logic, all luxury lines would implement the same tactics?

We booked our first SB cruise 2 months ago. Since then the price has changed 3 times already. First it jumped from 7,900 to 9,500, then decreased to 8,400 and now increased to 9,900.

I guess all lines doing those pricing adjustments. 

btw, the only line that I have never seen price decreases is Oceania. They do other promotions (Ultimate sale, included gratuities etc) but not direct price decreases. At least I haven't seen any.

Oceania is not considered a luxury cruise line.

All lines seem to have sales and I suppose prices increase due to supply and demand the same as land based Hotels do.

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The difference is that for the last several years, RCI and Celebrity have promoted mostly "fake" sales for their own cruises --only a few of them save you any money when you run the numbers--it's mostly smoke and mirrors. At least with SS, you can really save money when it has a sale, albeit usually with greater restrictions, higher nonrefundable payments, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, taxatty said:

The difference is that for the last several years, RCI and Celebrity have promoted mostly "fake" sales for their own cruises --only a few of them save you any money when you run the numbers--it's mostly smoke and mirrors. At least with SS, you can really save money when it has a sale, albeit usually with greater restrictions, higher nonrefundable payments, etc.

Agree 100%!

Just look at the current Celebrity "promotion" - save 75% on the second guest. The only problem? The first guest rate is inflated by at least 200%.

• Haha 1