3Year World Cruise

BVILady

Came across a business publications article yesterday about a 3Year World Cruise being offered with lowest price inside cabin at 90,000 for the 3 years. Ship will have a little over 900 passengers and is a former overhauled Holland American Ship. You have to commit to the 3 years total but you can also share the time with another party. That is too long a time for me but would really like to get to know all the details. Anybody has a link for it?

2 hours ago, BVILady said:

Came across a business publications article yesterday about a 3Year World Cruise being offered with lowest price inside cabin at 90,000 for the 3 years. Ship will have a little over 900 passengers and is a former overhauled Holland American Ship. You have to commit to the 3 years total but you can also share the time with another party. That is too long a time for me but would really like to get to know all the details. Anybody has a link for it?

https://cruisefever.net/3-year-cruise-opens-for-bookings-on-wednesday/

Just read the article on CNN last night.

https://www.lifeatseacruises.com/

Pricing is damn good if you compare to Viking at 60Kpp for 4 months.

Of course the cheapest ones require INT or OV.

And 3 years is a heck of a commitment even if you plan to share with others.

But this is a TRUE WORLD cruise--very thorough.

Open the brochure to see the ports.

Wish I could convince DH to do this...the golf focus might get him to think about it!

(sorry I truly do not know how it is linking me back to THIS thread below & it will NOT let me delete it!)

Even given the excessive salaries given to the CEO'S and also specifically the owner of the Carnival Cruises (and unfortunately not to the service staff) which translates into high fares for the mainstream cruise lines including RC and cruises under the Carnival umbrella, don't think NCL has world cruises and leaving out the luxury line, the fares charged for this one are much too low, especially with the unlimited wifi and will not be sustainable and I think you will be hit with extra fee surcharges during the cruise.  A few years ago, HAL partnered with Cruise.com to offer "a retire at sea" program (though not quite sure if it was worldwide) it stopped every few months for a few days in the U.S. so people could go home and take care of business and it failed, you can't even find it on google. Other than The World which is for EXTREMELY rich folks, there haven't been many attempts to create a cruiseline that allowed people to buy a cabin, there was one guy who was going to do it for River Cruises for the U.S., another one that I can't remember the name, another one where the guy was going to buy a boat that was owned in Terminal Island by a cult and transform it to a owner owned cruise ship and of course Storylines, one where I went to a salon discussion on their RTW cruise, wanted to put entertainers on but it never came to fruistion and then of course Storylines which keep pushing it's start date. This one may succeed as it is not going to be owner occupied just a regular cruise ship but I would be VERY, very hesitant in putting my money down yet. 

As for more info, Cruise Critic has a page on it as well as the company who call their fact page lifeatseacruises.com and it will give you more info on it.  Someone asked a question if there were cheap world cruises and I'm going to make some more suggestions there.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, Wayfairers said:

Love the concept and I would have jumped on this years ago when we first retired.  Now our parents aren’t in the best health and I wouldn’t want to commit to a 3 year trip.  

The beauty of this one is that you can come & go as you please, offer it to friends or family when you aren't there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would never consider a long cruise on a NEWBIE cruise line.,Staff will not be broken in   May not be a large enough financial cushion to insure quality dining, entertainment etc. The 3 year timeframe to them is mandatory for them . They will have your money and you will be ripped off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like this already failed miserably.

I don’t understand the people mentioned in this article who sold their house and their possessions when this was a new idea that has never been done before. I also don’t understand why I would want to be on a 19000 gross ton ship with 1000 people.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/three-year-cruise-crisis

Edited by Omax4

I have often looked at "Victoria cruise line".  You can do deals with them everything you "need"  included, laundry, wifi, food and drinks.  You have to pay for the extras. It seems like a good deal and you dont have to commit to the 3 years.  You can go for as little as 6 months.  I also saw in their last minute deals an inside for one month.  I dont think I would like to commit to 3 years either.  What if you didnt like it or had noisy neighbours lol

• Like 1

I received two days ago to register for a webinar of updates on the cruise.  Just logged in to the link they sent me, and right now at 3;10 PDT PM on June 7, Wed. the seminar is going on, do not know if live, bad echo on the audio.   Below is the email with the link.

Please join us for a Q&A session on Zoom with the Life at Sea Cruises by Miray Cruises executive team. We look forward to answering your questions!

Thank you!

Register for Webinar!

All the best,
Life At Sea Cruises Team

He is starting with a bio of himself. Hopefully this will have a link to listen to so people can stream this later, they say they are on the Gemini. They are answering questions that were submitted.

Edited by evag
  • Thanks 1

I finished listening tot he first part, almost an hour with the captain talking, and they said that this webinar will be posted (most likely on their site) now answering questions about special diet and Asian foods and then medical facilities, assuring EVERYone that the cruise WILL be sailing, and that the Gemini IS seaworthy but that they will be using another cruise ship because of the space, no travel agent fam trips for now as they are getting too many inquiries from direct inquiries and a minimum of 135 countries and may throw in a "few" surprises.  Children under 16 not allowed but may be on other voyages, can join trip from more than one location.   Again, use the link provided in the above comment to hear more and again, they are NOT cancelling this cruise and hope to start sailing in Nov . 

I do not know where people are submitting their questions.  They will announce in the next few weeks as to when the new ship is sailing and when people can embark.

Edited by evag
Add info

We are booked on Victoria Cruises Line world cruise.

Over 200 port, 115 countries, 28 months, 7 continents, One epic adventure for 1 affordable monthly rental fee.

We are about to embark on an around the world residential cruise with Victoria Cruises Line. It’s a brand new concept as it gives you all the perks of a cruise with a monthly rental structure while sailing around, traveling the world, at a reasonable price. The big advantage is that we stop at many ports for multiple days to allow us a proper emersion into the places we are visiting. It’s also an adults only ship, 18+ so no kids running around.

This trip will take about 28 months to go around the world, but many of us have signed up for 37+ months taking advantage of a 40% discount, who knows we may never get off the ship. But one can join the adventure for as short as 6 months or take advantage of some of their last minute deals. 

• Like 1

Do you have a link to those last minute deals on Victoria Majestic? I googled it and my Norton tagged it as a dodgy link, so I'm not in the right place obviously. My DH and I are really drawn to this concept, but would like to try before we "buy ."

Congratulations love*2*cruise for being a brave soul! 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:06 PM, Aquadesiac said:

Do you have a link to those last minute deals on Victoria Majestic? I googled it and my Norton tagged it as a dodgy link, so I'm not in the right place obviously. My DH and I are really drawn to this concept, but would like to try before we "buy ."

Congratulations love*2*cruise for being a brave soul! 

Go to the website and you will find it under the reservations page tab then choose last minute.  There are no last minute deals at the moment.  They must have been all sold.

https://victoria.cruises/last-minute/