Does the Soda Package still include soda's from behind the bar/ cans/ soda with dinner etc? not just fountain soda?

I just read it as "fountain soda" which you get with the souvenir cups, but on my first cruise, it did include all soda. Wether it be ordering a coke with dinner, or grabbing a can of coke on the way past? is this still the case or is it just for the fountain with the special cup?

Just will be a pain always having to carry it around unless we want to pay extra for a drink

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No need to bring the cup to get any soda at any venue.

Thank you biker19, so cans and behind the bar soda is all included, not just the fountain soda?

Im assuming I read that right, that you said "no need to bring cup" rather than "no, you need to bring the cup"

Thanks

3 minutes ago, mashisback said:

so cans and behind the bar soda is all included, not just the fountain soda?

That seems to vary by ship and even staff - the package usually only includes soda from the fountain/machine, but some staff will also give you the can. The cup is only needed at the Freestyle machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sort of related, and I'm sure this is pretty rare, but our last cruise only my wife bought the soda package (can't live without her diet coke, lol).  Our waiter at dinner served her and my young kids soft drinks every night, even though she was the only one who had the package.  And he would have given me one as well if I wanted it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That seems to vary by ship and even staff - the package usually only includes soda from the fountain/machine, but some staff will also give you the can. The cup is only needed at the Freestyle machines.

Thank you, you are a superstar 🙂

I am on my 4th Royal Caribbean cruise soon, I am just trying to work out how to get best value/ make savings so I can cruise more often!

I am thinking of getting soda package + coffee card instead of refreshments packages.

I know its a long shot, but I have 2 other questions which I cannot seem to find the answer to on the internet... but I dont want to spam the forums with more questions if I can find out in this same Topic instead.

With the coffee card, which I am aware is for 15 drinks, do they include drinks with extra shots in & any size?

So for example, my son usually has:

Iced Cafe Latte with extra caramel shot.

and I usually have:

Vente Cafe Latte with extra espresso shot.

Would both of these drinks count as 1 each on the coffee card?

The other question is, my son regularly has a "kids cocktail" when we have refreshment packages, so for example, a non alcoholic Pina colada. How much about would these cost? surely not the same price as an adult cocktail but I cannot seem to find the price online

Thank you 

9 minutes ago, mashisback said:

With the coffee card, which I am aware is for 15 drinks, do they include drinks with extra shots in & any size?

So for example, my son usually has:

Iced Cafe Latte with extra caramel shot.

and I usually have:

Vente Cafe Latte with extra espresso shot.

Would both of these drinks count as 1 each on the coffee card?

The other question is, my son regularly has a "kids cocktail" when we have refreshment packages, so for example, a non alcoholic Pina colada. How much about would these cost?

The non-alcoholic drink prices may be listed in the app - but usually in the $6-8 range.

The coffee question will be answered on board - ask the barista those questions and then only buy the card if the answer is one punch per drink, otherwise buy a la carte.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

People often report that they are told that each shot of espresso will be an additional punch, so the large sized hot espresso or the iced are 2 punches on the card. If this is the case, you may be better off paying individually or getting the Refreshment Package. As mentioned, you can wait until you get onboard and ask to see what that ship is doing, so you can make a good decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mashisback said:

I just read it as "fountain soda" which you get with the souvenir cups, but on my first cruise, it did include all soda. Wether it be ordering a coke with dinner, or grabbing a can of coke on the way past? is this still the case or is it just for the fountain with the special cup?

Just will be a pain always having to carry it around unless we want to pay extra for a drink

Thanks in advance

It has always been 'fountain' soda.  Cup needed for the freestyle machine, but you can get fountain soda at any bar, and can order it in the restaurants as well. The upside of using the Freestyle machines is that they also have things like Powerade, various flavored waters and lemonades, not just soda.   Canned soda is not supposed to be included, but as others have said, on occasion they have been given a can.   But don't expect it.  

image.thumb.png.37c3f6c3ddbbca46a85666480aeb9d7f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed- cans are hit or miss.  It is supposed to be fountain soda but varies ship to ship.  On Symphony in Jan. the Cafe Promenade gave me cans when I requested the diet coke I also choose not to live without...  I think Boleros may have as well, but that could have been a different ship....

• Thanks 1

If policy was to include Cans the price of package would be lot higher.

2 hours ago, pittnh said:

sort of related, and I'm sure this is pretty rare, but our last cruise only my wife bought the soda package (can't live without her diet coke, lol).  Our waiter at dinner served her and my young kids soft drinks every night, even though she was the only one who had the package.  And he would have given me one as well if I wanted it.

Luck, were not supposed get/share

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Football Mama 66 said:

So to expand on this, Soda is only served in restaurants if we have a soda package?  I have not cruised RCCL in several years.

thank you.

You can order a can of soda a la carte from any bar or restaurant for around $4 a can including gratuity.