port everglades embark terminal 21 but disembark terminal 2

cruiseray

does anyone know how everything will work at port everglades if we embark on caribbean princess at terminal 21 but disembark at terminal 2?  

after we give our luggage to porters at the ship at terminal 21 do we park at terminal 21 or do we park at terminal 2 and take a shuttle back to terminal 21?  or after we drop our luggage at terminal 21 do we park at terminal 21 and then when we disembark at terminal 2, get our luggage, go thru customs, and then get on a shuttle to terminal 21 - is the shuttle big enough for everyone's luggage?

has anyone done this before -  how does it work?

Thanks!

If you intend to park at the pier then I would park at the terminal 2 garage. This garage is directly next to pier 2 when you disembark and you can be off and driving without any difficulty once you disembark.

I just park off site parking and don't have to worry if not coming into same birth. Take parking companies shuttle or uber back to car.  The easiest for me is do a package at the hotel for night before cruise so I don't have to move my car.

I had this last year with Princess  and dropped my bags off at terminal 21, drive  to terminal 2 and parked the car and then took uber back to terminal 21. Disembarkation was then a breeze. 
This worked smoothly and I would do it again if faced with this scenario as the one time I didn't, we waited forever to get back to the terminal where our car was parked. 

15 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

Go to port everglades site and look up cruise ships berth schedules.

That works fine for short voyages that fall within the calendar that is shown.  For longer voyages I always call the harbormaster and ask which location the ship will return to and they are always happy to answer the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Expect a mess at disembarkation if you dock at a terminal other than the one you sailed from.  The shuttles are inadequate in size, frequency and luggage storage space.  Also expect others to rudely step in front of you if you attempt to queue in an orderly fashion. Doing it again, I would take a cab or order an Uber/Lyft.

Edited by BamaVol

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

Expect a mess at disembarkation if you dock at a terminal other than the one you sailed from.  The shuttles are inadequate in size, frequency and luggage storage space.  Also expect others to rudely step in front of you if you attempt to queue in an orderly fashion. Doing it again, I would take a cab or order an Uber/Lyft.

It is easier, as well as cheaper, to park off site when you are going to be embarking and disembarking from different terminals. I use Park by the Ports and book with https://onestopparking.com for the best prices 

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 2

The main reason this happens is Princess has ships doing 7 night Sat to Sat cruises and 7 night Sun day to Sun, then they also have 10 night cruise that often do not need a Sat or Sun Ft L port berth.  When those cruises start between Monday to Friday they use pier 2  but if they return on a weekend then pier 2 would be double booked.  Sometimes Princess would use pier 4 but that does not work as well with the larger ships so a more distant pier is need for one of the ships. 

There can be late changes so it is worth checking with the front desk the day before disembarking if you feel you may be in this situation. 

Happy to get off at terminal 2 after our 3/12 Panama Canal Cruise(so smooth). Did anyone else think the embarkation at terminal 21 on the 12th was a $h!t show(no order outside-including luggage in the roadway-no lines just crowds to get into the terminal-no marked lines after security check-just mass chaos). Thankfully, disembarkation went much smoother.

3 hours ago, cdrmer said:

Happy to get off at terminal 2 after our 3/12 Panama Canal Cruise(so smooth). Did anyone else think the embarkation at terminal 21 on the 12th was a $h!t show(no order outside-including luggage in the roadway-no lines just crowds to get into the terminal-no marked lines after security check-just mass chaos). Thankfully, disembarkation went much smoother.

So, maybe the problem is Terminal 21.  May not matter whether you embark or disembark there.

ok - so when i drove to terminal 21 i gave our luggage to the porters and my wife sat on a bench to wait for me to go park the car.  the problem was that the parking garage for terminal 21 was full and this was around 11:30am.  after driving around the block i asked the sheriff who said to follow the traffic.  well, we all were directed over to terminal 2 garage -  which was just fantastic since the caribbean princess was embarking at terminal 21 and disembarking at terminal 2 where i finally ended up parking. so in the beginning it was a disaster but ended up being a blessing!  we had a great panama canal cruise!

• Like 1

Have to agree the cruise was great. Embarking at terminal 21 was a mess that I have never experienced. Two women who stated they normally leave on west coast cruises from LA said they never had a problem in LA and asked if Ft Lauderdale was always like this, Told them we never began our cruise from this terminal.before.The other terminal on past cruises did not present a problem. I think the Regal was using terminal 2 on 3/12/23.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:50 AM, Grego said:

That works fine for short voyages that fall within the calendar that is shown.  For longer voyages I always call the harbormaster and ask which location the ship will return to and they are always happy to answer the question.

I don't know how long your cruise is, but I was able to retrieve three months of future data from the PE site.

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

image.png.ffa57f755be189ef51d00e1bfcf8edf2.png

Last page of results from above:

image.thumb.png.a2aaa6bf8b4ddef67b88bafaf56c971e.png

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 7:59 PM, travmagic said:

I like the idea of parking at terminal 2 for a quick exit after the cruise.

Is it possible to walk to Term 21 or is Uber the only way?

I would suggest that you use one of the shuttle vans to get between 2 and 21 or 19.  It's just too far to walk and it's hard to get a Uber to take you.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:59 PM, travmagic said:

I like the idea of parking at terminal 2 for a quick exit after the cruise.

Is it possible to walk to Term 21 or is Uber the only way?

A portion of the route lacks sidewalks. Or, they magically disappear and reappear on the other side of the road. It can be done but it doesn’t look safe to me.