Live from the Bliss March 12-26, 2023: Letters Home to Dad

YVRteacher

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

YVRteacher was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Here is the poorly-written email I received this morning from NCL. Not only does their employee have poor grammar but they also greatly disappointed this long-time NCL cruiser.  This email comes after weeks of being lied to and being put on hold for hours while listening to a piped in message about the wonders of NCL.

592D3052-6423-4EB3-AF6A-A4FE62FCFE09.thumb.png.93a794f8c9173842561b08ec01d0352c.png

I will be in two different closets for my upcoming back to back cruises; the first is a studio and the second is an inside.  The supervisor I spoke to this morning offered me $50 onboard credit in lieu of my Diamond Upgrade so I am thinking I would like to purchase a window.  Either that or a hot stone massage.  With $50 I can get at least get one limb massaged.  Better choose a leg since it is larger than an arm.

I hope you enjoy your day and the squirrels in the birdbath provide plenty of entertainment.  I am off to get a mammogram which seems appropriate on the day that NCL squeezed the last vestiges of hope from my heart.

Love,

Yvonne

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

Unfortunately they can't create an additional vacant oceanview to accomodate your upgrade.  Under the terms and conditions of the Diamond cabin upgrade it clearly states "All upgrades are subject to availability".

I'm not sure I understand the comment about "weeks of lying" or even the basis of your complaint? 

We're leaving for our Mexican Riviera cruise right after you'll be wrapping up this review, so following to get in the cruising mood.

Bummer about the whole "thanks for redeeming your voucher but we couldn't redeem your voucher so try to redeem your voucher again later" affair. 

Hopefully you still enjoy the time on the Bliss! I'd take an inside cabin over a day at the office...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

I look forward to another one of your wonderful reviews! After being in suites, I am sure it will be an adjustment to be in the "closets". Lol.  

So Dad decided to stay home this time? I will miss his funny comments.

Yes, he is staying home.  We did this itinerary in December on the Jewel and although we both had a fabulous time he didn’t want to do this itinerary again.  He also didn’t want to go on a plane.  I will miss my Scrabble partner and champion complainer!

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 11

Having just lost the 8 pounds I gained on the Jewel at Christmas, I ordered this for brunch today

CE1737E6-24DB-41BE-87D9-07FC0092CC6A.thumb.jpeg.d508af56ab91d0809aae4a1ad1a1475e.jpeg
It is called “Oh No You Didn’t” and firmly describes my upcoming dietary plans for the Bliss.  Filled with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, some kind of custard and lemon, it was rich in antioxidants and potassium.

I was with my dad and I let him complain all he wanted since I’ll be away for two weeks.  Things he complained about today:

-his printer ran out of ink 

-he couldn’t do his income tax since his printer ran out of ink

-there was too much food on his plate

-his mocha was too big

-his potato wedges were too crispy

-the rain is too wet

-he can’t find socks he likes

-he doesn’t actually need new socks

-an old person at the old folks home where he lives chews with his mouth open

-the bank he used to go to moved across the street from where it used to be

-the newspaper no longer publishes on Monday so he doesn’t have a crossword on Mondays

-he had to run to answer the phone when I called this morning

(Yes, I took him to the computer store to get his printer ink cartridge refilled.)

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

Hi! I am curious to follow your live review! I just booked my first NCL and in a solo suite with access to the Studio Lounge. I would love to hear what all will be available as far as drinks go! I've seen videos with bottles of wine but wonder if you have to pay for this or is it included?

Have a wonderful vacation!!

5 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi @kruz 

On which ship are you cruising and did you get the Free at Sea package which includes the beverage package?

Hi! I'll no on board the Bliss Nov 19. No I didn't get the beverage package.  I read we can bring bottles of wine on board also?

• Like 1

I hope you have a fabulous time!  The Bliss is a gorgeous ship with so much to do.  I did two weeks solo back to back last year in March as well and am really excited to sail on her again. At that time I wasn’t yet writing live reviews but  here are my other reviews.  I usually travel with my grumpy dad.

B7A68EB1-8274-41FF-873A-23376A69210A.thumb.png.9537514e61f7a1d5ac2f7c88eeb6dbf2.png

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, kruz said:

Hi! I am curious to follow your live review! I just booked my first NCL and in a solo suite with access to the Studio Lounge. I would love to hear what all will be available as far as drinks go! I've seen videos with bottles of wine but wonder if you have to pay for this or is it included?

Have a wonderful vacation!!

Sorry, all the wine dispenser bottles in the studio lounge are PAID only, not included in any package you may have. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kruz said:

Hi! I'll no on board the Bliss Nov 19. No I didn't get the beverage package.  I read we can bring bottles of wine on board also?

Bringing bottles of wine onboard will incur a $15 corkage fee per bottle (.7l), unless you have the beverage package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kruz said:

Thanks all! I think the drink package may be worth it then! 

It depends how much you drink. We are not big drinkers, a glass of wine or a beer with lunch, a cocktail at the pool , a Prosecco before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner then a drink before bed and the free at sea package is still worth it, because drinks are expensive on a cruise (at least for us Europeans) also you have the internet deal. Do a search for drink menus so it gives you an idea of the costs.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christina231955 said:

It depends how much you drink. We are not big drinkers, a glass of wine or a beer with lunch, a cocktail at the pool , a Prosecco before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner then a drink before bed and the free at sea package is still worth it, because drinks are expensive on a cruise (at least for us Europeans) also you have the internet deal. Do a search for drink menus so it gives you an idea of the costs.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you!! I went ahead and booked the drink package as it was extremely reasonable! Thanks it will be a great cruise!!! 

• Like 3