Off Discovery yesterday tested positive today

quincytoo

12 hours ago, SCX22 said:

One passenger reporting post-cruise won't make a difference to Princess.  It would just be bad publicity for them if word were to get out.

Based on all the people on CC who report testing positive when they get home, I think most people realize this is a known risk and are choosing to cruise anyway. 

• Like 1

For US based passengers, the CDC says If you test positive after a cruise you should contact your local public health to advise them you test positive and were recently on a cruise.   I should have to wonder what my public health would do with that info, but I think I know.   

Uggh.  Sorry you are sick.  Hope you are back to 100 percent soon.

I've never had it and don't look forward to it when that day finally comes.

As for how/when/if to contact Princess: welcome to the new normal.  Covid is here to stay and everyone is on their own regarding risk tolerance, care, and sharing of information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

For US based passengers, the CDC says If you test positive after a cruise you should contact your local public health to advise them you test positive and were recently on a cruise.   I should have to wonder what my public health would do with that info, but I think I know.   

In the beginning...March/April 2020, there were no at home test readily available, so one had to go to a drive up testing place (at least here in Florida).  The positive results were sent to the Public Health department who would call at home and check on you.  They called almost every day. 
They weren't concerned or did not seem to care where you got it. A month after we tested positive for covid(post Coral Princess sailing), we tested positive for antibodies!  Over the course of the next 8 months I donated Convalescent Plasma to aid those hospitalized with Covid. 
What a crazy time!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Really sorry to hear to hear its rearing its ugly head again.

We got off Discovery B2B couple weeks ago, and it went well....

but were maskers outside our cabin.  Most people weren't.

We also only eat in MDR, or Specialty dining the first couple days.

Then we eat outside at Grill, or buffet with a table near the doors, or get Room service.

We had Afternoon Tea delivered to our cabin a couple times & that was great.

Oh we also like to grab Int'l cafe & bring up to our cabin.

Works for us.

Good luck to all & get well soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

In the beginning...March/April 2020, there were no at home test readily available, so one had to go to a drive up testing place (at least here in Florida).  The positive results were sent to the Public Health department who would call at home and check on you.  They called almost every day. 
They weren't concerned or did not seem to care where you got it. A month after we tested positive for covid(post Coral Princess sailing), we tested positive for antibodies!  Over the course of the next 8 months I donated Convalescent Plasma to aid those hospitalized with Covid. 
What a crazy time!

I sure do know that experience, being a Grand Princess Feb 2020 Hawaiian cruise survivor!  

• Like 1

I was on Enchanted Princess in December 2022 on 2 - 10 day B2B cruises and they notified our friends that they were at a blackjack table the last few nights with a couple that tested positive for Covid.  

Edited by tawlaw1526
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Join the club!  Glad we're still here to talk about it!

We look back to sailing on the Sky in mid Feb 2020.  My wife was hesitant about going a week before, but COVID only was barely in the news, and a world away.  How things changed in the next few weeks.  I am almost certain COVID was on the Sky but how would anyone have known at that time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

We look back to sailing on the Sky in mid Feb 2020.  My wife was hesitant about going a week before, but COVID only was barely in the news, and a world away.  How things changed in the next few weeks.  I am almost certain COVID was on the Sky but how would anyone have known at that time.

Agree....we knew nothing about covid (corona) at the time of our sailing on 3/5/2020....except for the few cases   we heard of in far off lands.  As a group we were more concerned about the risk of yellow fever in S. America.    We were two and a half weeks  in when Jan S. "paused" cruising.  We were on the ship another 18 days after that!

On every cruise I've been on since the restart, there's been covid.  Some cruises higher than others.  I've learned the signs, the door to the 'covid' wing closed, OR the small tables outside the rooms for food delivery.  Crew is still very closed mouthed when it comes to covid or noro or anything else for that matter.  

I don't know that masks truly help.  I'll wear them if I'm required, but given a choice, I'll forgo.  But I am an avid handwasher, and learned as a child not to touch my face (as frequently as normal people 16-24 times an hour) because of allergies.  

I have gotten covid on one cruise.  Knew what it was from previous experience and did the right thing in going to medical.  Tested negative.  Came home, q-tipped my nose and it was positive.  

I'll get my boosters, just like I get my flu and pneumonia shots, just another one to add to the yearly mix. 

I tested positive for Covid after our RCI TA on Wonder of the Seas last fall (as did a lot of other CCers on the cruise).  We stayed in our cabin for most of the cruise (we had an Owners Suite so it wasn't a burden for us) since we saw most people not wearing masks around the ship.  We did eat all of our meals outside of our cabin, so I'm pretty sure that's how we contracted it.  We never left our cabin without our masks on otherwise.  It will be interesting to see what happens in a few weeks time when we sail on Royal Princess to Hawaii.  I'm not staying in my cabin this time, but I will still be masking up.  Covid sucks, but I would rather test positive after the cruise than during the cruise.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 1