Reservations in MDR

sandy1020

We are concierge class in an upcoming cruise and Select dining.  The only reservations that I can currently make on the app are for very late i.e. 8:30 and later.   Will my concierge be able to get earlier bookings for us?  I realize that I can also just show up and wait.

Thank you

Instead of waiting to speak with the Concierge, when you board go to the Main Dining Room;  the maitre d' is there to accommodate changes to dining times.  The sooner you go, the better....many wish to change so you'll wait a bit in a lineup (usually). For a Specialty Restaurant, go to or phone that particular one and request a preferred time if available;  also, the concierge is available to help you with these reservations by phone or in person at their office....again, do so early in the cruise.  IMO, I'd book the first available online time now (8:30pm) and then request a change when you board.

18 minutes ago, sandy1020 said:

We are concierge class in an upcoming cruise and Select dining.  The only reservations that I can currently make on the app are for very late i.e. 8:30 and later.   Will my concierge be able to get earlier bookings for us?  I realize that I can also just show up and wait.

Thank you

Once on the ship go right away to the MDR and speak to the staff out front.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Once on the ship go right away to the MDR and speak to the staff out front.

I'd let your concierge take care of this.  On our last cruise, we went to the maître d' at the MDR when we first got on board.  We requested a table for two by a window in the MDR.  He said, ok, all done, great.  The first night, we had our requested table, fantastic!  The second night we went, they didn't know anything about it.  Big discussions at the podium, we gave up and went to the buffet.  We told our butler about the mess-up and she spoke to the maitre d' and the problem was resolved.  We had our same table for two for the rest of the cruise.  So, bottom line, talk to your concierge and let him/her take care of it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pickels said:

I'd let your concierge take care of this.  On our last cruise, we went to the maître d' at the MDR when we first got on board.  We requested a table for two by a window in the MDR.  He said, ok, all done, great.  The first night, we had our requested table, fantastic!  The second night we went, they didn't know anything about it.  Big discussions at the podium, we gave up and went to the buffet.  We told our butler about the mess-up and she spoke to the maitre d' and the problem was resolved.  We had our same table for two for the rest of the cruise.  So, bottom line, talk to your concierge and let him/her take care of it.  

I'm confused....you told your 'butler' so you were in a suite....was there a reason you preferred dining in the MDR and not Luminae?  If you were not in a suite but told your room attendant, it was good she was able to contact the right person to resolve this for you.  If the poster waits to contact the concierge (not available until 2nd day), the request is too late for first night.  The concierge for non-suite guests is one person handling all concierge class and is very helpful.  For First night and future dining IMO and experience, it's best to go immediately to the MDR and speak with the maitre d'.

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm confused....you told your 'butler' so you were in a suite....was there a reason you preferred dining in the MDR and not Luminae?  If you were not in a suite but told your room attendant, it was good she was able to contact the right person to resolve this for you.  If the poster waits to contact the concierge (not available until 2nd day), the request is too late for first night.  The concierge for non-suite guests is one person handling all concierge class and is very helpful.  For First night and future dining IMO and experience, it's best to go immediately to the MDR and speak with the maitre d'.

We prefer the MDR instead of the Laminae because the last time we ate in Laminae there were a lot of "snooty" people looking down their noses at us. It just left a bad feeling and we were very uncomfortable.  That was a few year back and would never try it again; have always had dinner in the MDR with fantastic staff and service.  Maybe that situation in Laminae would not occur again, but ain't taking any chance.    

17 minutes ago, Pickels said:

We prefer the MDR instead of the Laminae because the last time we ate in Laminae there were a lot of "snooty" people looking down their noses at us. It just left a bad feeling and we were very uncomfortable.  

I do not think we have ever experienced this on a Celebrity cruise.  Even when I went to lunch in Luminae wearing shorts and a t-shirt on Edge.  It was unfortunate you felt this way.  I do my best to try and not let the judgement of others, especially those that do not know me, affect my enjoyment of a cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not think we have ever experienced this on a Celebrity cruise.  Even when I went to lunch in Luminae wearing shorts and a t-shirt on Edge.  It was unfortunate you felt this way.  I do my best to try and not let the judgement of others, especially those that do not know me, affect my enjoyment of a cruise. 

Maybe things have changed!  (for the better). 

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Instead of waiting to speak with the Concierge, when you board go to the Main Dining Room;  the maitre d' is there to accommodate changes to dining times.  The sooner you go, the better....many wish to change so you'll wait a bit in a lineup (usually). For a Specialty Restaurant, go to or phone that particular one and request a preferred time if available;  also, the concierge is available to help you with these reservations by phone or in person at their office....again, do so early in the cruise.  IMO, I'd book the first available online time now (8:30pm) and then request a change when you board.

This is what we do and adjusting the time after we board has always worked out for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

This is what we do and adjusting the time after we board has always worked out for us.

First things we do on embarkation is, drop bags in room, muster drill, lunch and make reservations in MDR, in that order.

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

First things we do on embarkation is, drop bags in room, muster drill, lunch and make reservations in MDR, in that order.

We change that somewhat in order of priority.  Drop bags, change dining reservation and/or book specialty before it gets so busy there's a lineup, then muster and lunch. In the past  if it's only a better reservation time in specialty, I went directly to the OV where there are attendants outside who will book specialty dining and/or change times to better ones available as the restaurants aren't open that early.  Found that hint a few years ago on CC....can't say enough re how much I've learned here from posters.