Classic soda package

First time for us buying the soda package - I know about the flavour options at the Freestyle machines, but what about at the bars and venues?  I drink mostly diet sodas, so if I go to a bar, I suppose my options will be just diet coke, or has anyone found they have Diet Dr Pepper or Barqs there too?

1 minute ago, Toddcan said:

First time for us buying the soda package - I know about the flavour options at the Freestyle machines, but what about at the bars and venues?  I drink mostly diet sodas, so if I go to a bar, I suppose my options will be just diet coke, or has anyone found they have Diet Dr Pepper or Barqs there too?

Sprite zero at bars, I'm not aware of the others you are asking about.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

Does the classic soda package cover plain carbonated water from the gun on ships that don't have Freestyle machines? 

Yes, though not sure the soda guns have that option.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, though not sure the soda guns have that option.

When I had the Refreshment Package and would ask for seltzer water at a bar, they would use the gun on Enchantment. So at least there, it was an option. I just wasn't sure if it was included in the soda package.

1 hour ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

we have cruisers under age 5, do they have to purchase soda package, they won’t be drinking soda?   

No they don't. Nobody has to purchase any beverage package. Coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade, water, all free.

Edited by Ryder101
Typo

1 hour ago, sqlightning said:

Do they offer juices during the day?

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

The WJ and perhaps some other venues have "flavored" drinks but aren't "real" juice. Some bars may have something closer to real juice but don't recall seeing apple ones. If important, bring it with you.

1 hour ago, sqlightning said:

What about juice?  My 3 yo daughter only drinks apple juice and won't drink soda.  Do they offer juices during the day?

"lemon"-ade in the windjammer.  Bring something like kool-aid or mio or crystal light.

Edited by billslowsky

3 hours ago, sqlightning said:

What about juice?  My 3 yo daughter only drinks apple juice and won't drink soda.  Do they offer juices during the day?

Juice is only offered at breakfast, typically.  

You could order extras from the free continental breakfast room service and keep them in the fridge in your room, if it's that big a deal.  Or water/milk is available at all meals. 

For food and drink, I used to tell my boys to order off the adult menu, and act like a big boy.  Since they ordered anything they picked out, they seemed to like it, even if they did not, they were excited to pick it and have it.  Side note, they never starved or was thirsty.

36 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

For food and drink, I used to tell my boys to order off the adult menu, and act like a big boy. 

sometimes this strategy doesn't work with 3 yo kids.

heck, mine is 12 and is still not adventurous with food, so the adult menu is mostly wasted on him.

7 hours ago, sqlightning said:

does she drink milk?

I believe the buffets have Minute Maid drink machines with "orange juice" and some other fruit flavored stuff.