A new kind of chair hog…

2 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Wow, hate to hear that! We'll be on Serenade in a couple of weeks. I think I'll pack a baggie full of sanitized wipes in my pool bag/carry-on.🤔

Better bring snacks too, you may be hungry. Look around here for posts on that ships food

• Like 1

I have been to the centrum when one person hogs a love seat, 3 chairs.  and then their family and friends show up 5 min before an event.  That's the same as hogging theater seats too.  I get to a show early to get seats and I need 1 or 2 chairs and one person is hogging like 5 seats.  

Oh and I'll share a table.  Good grief

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 8:18 AM, Seville2Cabo said:

This is where you start coughing and ask your seat mate “do I feel hot?  I don’t feel good and feel nauseous “

Great response! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

You're not alone.  If some 'stranger' invaded our space [this goes for windjammer, solarium [beds], or any seating that normally is for intimate partys]...well, we'd just get up and leave.  It's happened to us in the windjammer...and yes it gets crowded there, but privacy is important and a stranger to just plop down at your table, that's RUDE!  Just like the 2 person loveseats in OP.  Yes, we see them as 2 person.  Whomever heard of a threesome in a love seat anyway?  Hmmm...how about sitting in the aisles of those small movie theaters on Serenade class ships?  

Just a thought....in the USA, most would agree that sitting on your table, is rude, but world wide, it is very common to share tables and it is considered rude not to let a person sit at the table.  I think many people forget that on a ship, it is an international ship, and the definition of being rude, has many different meanings (the love seat thing is not what I"m talking about, that is just plain rude anyplace)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Just a thought....in the USA, most would agree that sitting on your table, is rude, but world wide, it is very common to share tables and it is considered rude not to let a person sit at the table.  I think many people forget that on a ship, it is an international ship, and the definition of being rude, has many different meanings (the love seat thing is not what I"m talking about, that is just plain rude anyplace)

At times when there’s no open table in the WJ , and a couple at a table for 6, I have asked if it’s ok to sit. Usually they say yes, and we sit, eat and leave.  Is this not acceptable?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

At times when there’s no open table in the WJ , and a couple at a table for 6, I have asked if it’s ok to sit. Usually they say yes, and we sit, eat and leave.  Is this not acceptable?

Yes it is, because you ASKED first.

• Like 4

On 3/8/2023 at 7:18 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

This is where you start coughing and ask your seat mate “do I feel hot?  I don’t feel good and feel nauseous “

This is a very good suggestion and something I use to do when someone is not respecting my personal space. Not holding a hand or arm over my mouth either but right at them. Complains? Well dont stand so close that I can feel your breath then..

On 3/9/2023 at 2:08 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Absolutely!  The difference is that there’s elbow room and no one’s touching each other and breathing on each other.  A love seat for two being invaded by a stranger who may be infected with COVID is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

• Like 1