Marlene duty free Noumea

45 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Has anyone been to her liquor shop recently (not the perfumerie one) Can you advise where it is and do you have any prices in your head?   Thank you

We went to that one about 10 years  ago and not sure of the name of the street but if you go up past the park and about 5 blocks from the terminal and turn left into a street and if they haven’t moved

when we went there and bought duty free alcohol and cigarettes you had to have your passport or you couldn’t buy any items, not sure if it’s changed

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

There is a Marlene duty free directly across the road from the cruise terminal. I have no idea what their current range or prices are.

This is the perfumerie one

36 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

36 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Check out google and when you get out of the bus walk one block towards the ship and 5 blocks up on the left 

Just now, windsor26 said:

I know the shop near the tourism block is the permfumerie   it is the address of the liquor store I require  and I know it is a walk into the city

All I can remember is that you walk up the left-hand side of Coconut Square, past the Town Museum. Turn left into the left street and Marlene's is on the next corner.

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

All I can remember is that you walk up the left-hand side of Coconut Square, past the Town Museum. Turn left into the left street and Marlene's is on the next corner.

Thanks Evon  just what I needed   all I require now is an idea of their prices  I found Princess quite expensive last week and almost out of good stuff  No brandy at all and only 2 cointrau on board   I hope Carnival is better in case I cannot make Marlene  We are spoiled after visiting Vila ( Vokda 1 lt $15 at K F  and $27.50 on Princess)

From what I have seen, Princess duty free alcohol prices are not much better than Dan Murphys. With all ships, there is also the issue of a limited range.

The couple of times we went to Marlenes, I was quite disappointed. The prices shown on the shelf were OK, but they had hardly any stock. Their excuse was that there had been a couple of ships kin port. Wouldn't that always be the case??? Wouldn't they know ahead what the shipping schedule is???

I did think Marlenes had moved from the old spot. Last time we were in Noumea they had a new shop opposite the cruise terminal. I cannot use perfume, but remember going there for alcohol. There is also another in town too, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Just received a reply from Facebook

Bonjour, nous ne vendons pas d'alcool. Bonne journée à vous

I am surprised  I thought booze would have given them a good profit

Perhaps they are not allowed to promote or discuss alcohol online, as their website also has no mention of it.

I just had a look at a goggle streetview image from January taken from outside the cruise terminal. The shopfront of Marlene's has liquor and tobacco listed on it, yet no mention of lingerie or parfum.