Beignets on Mardi Gras

tdggal1980

Good morning fellow cruisers!  DH & I were on the Celebration in January & loved the beignets from Emeril’s.  We’re going on the Mardi Gras in July & looked at the menu for Emeril’s & don’t see the beignets!  Has anyone been on the Mardi Gras recently & can confirm?  We were really looking forward to getting those again!  Seems odd to not have them in the Mardi Gras considering it’s all about New Orleans.

TIA!

We also had them late January/Early February cruise on MG.  They were delicious and very close to the originals in New Orleans.  Once we ordered them the first time, they became our go to after dinner snack.  Loved the way you could order them to go on a covered plate and take them to wherever you wanted to watch evening entertainment.  Definitely don't think they will be removing them from the menu, since everyone seemed to be enjoying them.  Now there were a few other items on Emeril''s menu that I wouldn't order again.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

We also had them late January/Early February cruise on MG.  They were delicious and very close to the originals in New Orleans.  Once we ordered them the first time, they became our go to after dinner snack.  Loved the way you could order them to go on a covered plate and take them to wherever you wanted to watch evening entertainment.  Definitely don't think they will be removing them from the menu, since everyone seemed to be enjoying them.  Now there were a few other items on Emeril''s menu that I wouldn't order again.  

Glad to hear these imposters are just as good as the "real" ones in New Orleans! Which are themselves imposters of the real ones from France!

• Haha 1

Blerk One

As someone born and raised in New Orleans, I find them nothing like the real deal from Cafe du Monde. It was one (order) and done for us. Too much artistic license.___________________________________________________________

Same here.  They were on the Mardi Gras 2-18 sailing, but we only knew due to sign on counter.

DD said if you don't have to dig in a bag of powdered sugar to find them, they aren't the same 😁

Edited by keywest1
Add quote
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 8:48 AM, tdggal1980 said:

Good morning fellow cruisers!  DH & I were on the Celebration in January & loved the beignets from Emeril’s.  We’re going on the Mardi Gras in July & looked at the menu for Emeril’s & don’t see the beignets!  Has anyone been on the Mardi Gras recently & can confirm?  We were really looking forward to getting those again!  Seems odd to not have them in the Mardi Gras considering it’s all about New Orleans.

TIA!

Just off MG and they were wonderful

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 1:59 PM, BlerkOne said:

As someone born and raised in New Orleans, I find them nothing like the real deal from Cafe du Monde. It was one (order) and done for us. Too much artistic license.

Sadly, the ones I had at Cafe Beignet (which I heard was even better than Cafe du Monde) were not great.  That was my first time having beignets.  My second time was on the Mardi Gras and they were quite good.  I may have just gotten a bad batch at Cafe Beignet, but it was not a good first impression.  But I'll get them from Emeril's again lol. 

3 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

Sadly, the ones I had at Cafe Beignet (which I heard was even better than Cafe du Monde) were not great.  That was my first time having beignets.  My second time was on the Mardi Gras and they were quite good.  I may have just gotten a bad batch at Cafe Beignet, but it was not a good first impression.  But I'll get them from Emeril's again lol. 

that's a shame. I have never heard anything good about the beignets (or anything) at Cafe Beignet and no reason for me to take a chance on them.