Reciprocity status with Royal Caribbean

Kansasbuckeye

We have booked our first Celebrity cruise.  We are platinum on Royal Caribbean and have read on Celebrity’s website that would allow us Select status on Celebrity. On our Celebrity profile it does show both our Crown and Anchor number as well as our Celebrity Captain Club number we received when we booked the cruise but it also indicates that we are Preview status with 2 points to Classic tier. When do we enjoy the Select status?  

39 minutes ago, Kansasbuckeye said:

We have booked our first Celebrity cruise.  We are platinum on Royal Caribbean and have read on Celebrity’s website that would allow us Select status on Celebrity. On our Celebrity profile it does show both our Crown and Anchor number as well as our Celebrity Captain Club number we received when we booked the cruise but it also indicates that we are Preview status with 2 points to Classic tier. When do we enjoy the Select status?  

You are still a Preview member until after your first cruise and collect CC points. You will however get the perks of Select by virtue of the reciprocity status. The points do not combine.

16 hours ago, Kansasbuckeye said:

If it doesn’t mention Select status anywhere, I would Call Captain’s Club and check into it.  

It was a long time ago when I did it, but I’m pretty sure it said Elite somewhere on my Captain’s Club account page prior to my first Celebrity cruise.  

16 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You are still a Preview member until after your first cruise and collect CC points. You will however get the perks of Select by virtue of the reciprocity status. The points do not combine.

That is not correct. OP will have 0 points but should be at Select. 

17 hours ago, Kansasbuckeye said:

Yes, call Captain's Club, and they should be able to straighten it out for you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

That is not correct. OP will have 0 points but should be at Select.

Exactly what I said. They will still be Preview based on CC points, but will get the benefits of Select.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

If you earn points through Power Up you could get beyond the Preview status even before your first cruise.

My partner will sail Celebrity for the first time next month, but by virtue of Power Up she is well into her Classic tier, and by the time the 21 day cruise is done she will be nearly at Select.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Exactly what I said. They will still be Preview based on CC points, but will get the benefits of Select.

No. They will not be Preview getting the benefits of Select. They will be Select. 

• Like 3

You should be Select (but with zero points). I’d contact Captain’s Club to get it fixed before you cruise

Also, if you get Diamond status on Royal before your Celebrity cruise call Captains Club to get adjusted to Elite

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Also, if you get Diamond status on Royal before your Celebrity cruise call Captains Club to get adjusted to Elite

Definitely do this -- the Elite perks are worth it, especially the free bag of wash and fold laundry. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:59 AM, DCPIV said:

No. They will not be Preview getting the benefits of Select. They will be Select. 

See my answer below. Their point level will be Preview but they are considered Select.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:01 AM, awhfy said:

You should be Select (but with zero points). I’d contact Captain’s Club to get it fixed before you cruise

Yes, this. You would be considered Select, but your actual points are 0. You have to earn all the points to the next level starting from 0.

For example: I'm considered Select based on my RCCL status. I've done 1 7-night cruise in a solo cabin, so no double points for me that time and I've done most of the Power Up opportunities (the ones that didn't require a purchase) so my current points are 129 with 171 to go to Elite Status. If I didn't have the matching status from RCCL I'd be Classic on Celebrity since 129 does not equal Elite on its own. 

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

On 3/11/2023 at 2:35 PM, RTShaker said:

No. They will not be preview. They will be select. It should show select or whichever level on the website before the cruise with 0 points. 

Hello,

I think the confusion is over the understanding of 'reciprocity'.

The 'Status' will be reciprocated between the two schemes but the points will not.

If you have 'reciprocal' status (from Royal) on a cruise, you can ignore whatever status your X points would suggest.

Your Captain's Club points will only become important when/if you achieve Diamond Plus on Royal and you want to become Zenith on Celebrity as there is no reciprocity after that (D+) and you have to 'earn' your Zenith status.

If you don't correct it before you sail you should see the Captain's Club Concierge as soon as you board.

Regards,

Cublet

18 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I think the confusion is over the understanding of 'reciprocity'.

The 'Status' will be reciprocated between the two schemes but the points will not.

If you have 'reciprocal' status (from Royal) on a cruise, you can ignore whatever status your X points would suggest.

Your Captain's Club points will only become important when/if you achieve Diamond Plus on Royal and you want to become Zenith on Celebrity as there is no reciprocity after that (D+) and you have to 'earn' your Zenith status.

If you don't correct it before you sail you should see the Captain's Club Concierge as soon as you board.

Regards,

Cublet

Reciprocity ends at Diamond/Elite. 

Diamond plus and elite plus are matched down to elite and diamond, respectively. 

• Like 1

It worked seamlessly for me in reverse. Just took my first RCL cruise in May and my status was Diamond even though it showed I had zero Crown and Anchor points. Post cruise I now have 3 C&A points, but still have Diamond status. The Diamond status showed up for me pre-cruise, so I would think that the OP's status should show as Select, even without any Captain's Club points. If not, I agree that a call to Captain's Club will probably fix the issue.

23 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Reciprocity ends at Diamond/Elite. 

Diamond plus and elite plus are matched down to elite and diamond, respectively. 

Hello,

My apologies to everyone - you are correct.

Regards,

Cublet