Steakhouse on Magic

Vitamin_Sea

Guest BasicSailor

I feel Magic is one of Carnivals better ships. But to me the meats in the steak house has declined somewhat. Smaller portions and taste are just not the same as it once were. 

I have been able to go to the steakhouse on every ship I've sailed on that had one beginning in 2010 through this last October.  The price has steadily increased over the years but I still feel that it is a fair price for the meal I get. If you see the price and feel that you can fit that in your budget, you may find yourself as happy as I always am with you experience.

Note, one visit I had lousy service but the food was so wonderful, we were able to go again near the end of the cruise and we had great service.  We didn't tell the server about our previous poor service, she was just great all on her own.

On 3/11/2023 at 1:25 PM, Vitamin_Sea said:

ok  so I never ate at steakhouse and we cruise about 12 times a year.

I see its $48pp   

1.is it worth it?

2.what are items on the menu?

3.do they give free wine first night?

thanks!

1.  As noted by others, that's up to you.  Some people will say it is worth the added cost; others will say I'm already getting a "free" (included/pre-paid/whatever) meal in the dining room, and the Steakhouse isn't worth "another $48".

2.  Steaks, lobster (probably spiny/Caribbean, not Maine), some fish dishes, some chicken.  Google around, you'll find recent menus.

3.  Yes, but the free bottle (offered first and second night, I believe) is the cheapest plonk they have, equivalent to a $7 bottle at the grocery store.  If you are just looking for a free bottle, well, there it is.  But I'd rather get 50% off a more expensive bottle that tastes far better, which is your other option.  We have Cheers, so we just order by the glass typically - the by-the-glass selection is a bit better than the MDR, usually.

• Like 1

In 24 Carnival cruises we had never been to the steakhouse until our last cruise on the Magic this past October. I wish we didn't go this time. Terrible cut of meat. Worst we have had at sea or maybe anywhere for that matter. Slow inattentive service. I wrote Carnival but never heard anything back. They got us once but never again.

We were on Magic this January and loved the Steakhouse so much the first night that we ate there 2 more times during our 8 day cruise.  Service was great and my DH enjoyed his filet mignon so much, he ordered it every time.  Roman the manager was professional and charming.  We had CHEERS so we ordered wine by the glass.

If you decide to have dinner at the Steakhouse, enjoy!!

• Like 3

We have been cruising with Carnival since 2003 and never booked the steakhouse.  We have been tempted often,  but not enough to bite the bullet.  We have it booked for our sailing on the Panorama next month.  I have read tons of reviews and the good far outweigh the bad.  I fully expect the experience to be worth it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, carrieluvsgreg said:

We have been cruising with Carnival since 2003 and never booked the steakhouse.  We have been tempted often,  but not enough to bite the bullet.  We have it booked for our sailing on the Panorama next month.  I have read tons of reviews and the good far outweigh the bad.  I fully expect the experience to be worth it. 

Honestly, if someone is disappointed with the steakhouse, I'm not sure what expectations they go in with, but feel like they might be set a bit high.

We booked the steakhouse on our cruise on the Glory in February.  We actually got married on the ship on embarkation day, and thought it would be nice for our little group to have dinner at the steakhouse.  We were all very pleased and felt it was 100% worth it.  And now we'll probably have dinner at the steakhouse at least one night on future cruises.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Honestly, if someone is disappointed with the steakhouse, I'm not sure what expectations they go in with, but feel like they might be set a bit high.

I agree!  If the Steakhouse is not up to one's standard, I would say you are sailing on the wrong line and Carnival in general is likely not for you.  You should step it up a few notches to Cunard or Viking etc

We were on the Magic two weeks ago.  Steakhouse the first night - free bottle of wine was chardonnay or merlot.  We opted for a nice sauvignon blanc at 50% off the menu price.  The service was wonderful.  This time I chose the Dover Sole and .... nah, it was not good at all.  Still everything else was, so I left full and happy.   We went a 2nd time a few days later and I had my usual filet and lobster and it was delicious.  

We go to the steakhouses on the first night, every cruise, where available.  A nice meal and a nice start to our vacation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florings said:

We were on the Magic two weeks ago.  Steakhouse the first night - free bottle of wine was chardonnay or merlot.  We opted for a nice sauvignon blanc at 50% off the menu price.  The service was wonderful.  This time I chose the Dover Sole and .... nah, it was not good at all.  Still everything else was, so I left full and happy.   We went a 2nd time a few days later and I had my usual filet and lobster and it was delicious.  

We go to the steakhouses on the first night, every cruise, where available.  A nice meal and a nice start to our vacation.

Now that you mention it, I had Dover Sole my first Steakhouse dinner and was not impressed.  Everything else was great.

Edited by ninjacat123

I love starting off the cruise with a night at the Steakhouse.

We kicked off our Magic cruise last month with my parents with a night here.  We treated ourselves to a 50% off bottle of Dom AND the Wine Pairing (on Cheers).  It was a fabulous evening - celebrating being on a cruise with my parents (along with DH), this was after my dad had a massive stroke 5 years ago - so super special to have been on that trip with them.

The food was great, service was even better.

I didn't take a lot of pictures of the food - too busy having a great time! 

IMG_3706.JPEG

IMG_3710.JPEG

IMG_3711.JPEG

IMG_3717.JPEG

IMG_3718.JPEG

IMG_3719.JPEG

• Like 6

🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷

Hi 🙂

Here is a current 2023 Steakhouse menu. 

🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷🥩🍷

20230124-123418.jpg

20230124-123531.jpg

20230124-123602.jpg

20230124-123635.jpg

▪️--- Here is the kids Steakhouse menu.

▪️--- Only available to children 11 and under.

Picsart-23-02-07-08-20-08-655.jpg

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 5:14 PM, lesters said:

I love starting off the cruise with a night at the Steakhouse.

We kicked off our Magic cruise last month with my parents with a night here.  We treated ourselves to a 50% off bottle of Dom AND the Wine Pairing (on Cheers).  It was a fabulous evening - celebrating being on a cruise with my parents (along with DH), this was after my dad had a massive stroke 5 years ago - so super special to have been on that trip with them.

The food was great, service was even better.

I didn't take a lot of pictures of the food - too busy having a great time! 

IMG_3706.JPEG

IMG_3710.JPEG

IMG_3711.JPEG

IMG_3717.JPEG

IMG_3718.JPEG

IMG_3719.JPEG

Is the wine pairing included with CHEERS or is it a discounted package?