Apple watch

alfiemom

9 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

Am I correct in assuming that the X app cannot be added to my Apple Watch?  If I’m wrong, how do I do it.

You can not add an iPhone app to your watch and Celebrity has not made an Apple Watch app. 

Edited by Charles4515

11 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

Am I correct in assuming that the X app cannot be added to my Apple Watch?  If I’m wrong, how do I do it.

No, there's no iPhone>Apple Watch ability. What are you hoping you could do via your watch?

cjr

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With having basic wifi , can you have your Apple Watch and your phone on wifi at the same time 

I don’t have a watch , my wife does , and she will be asking me about it 

Not sure how the Apple Watch works but with the ship's WiFi unless you have a multiple device account it is one device per account at any one time.  For example, if I connect my iPhone I cannot connect my iPad or laptop without disconnecting my iPhone. 

I agree with DaKahuna (btw aren't you supposed to be away doing the Canal?).  However your Apple Watch will connect to your iPhone (the iPhone that it is paired with) via Bluetooth--if the two are in range of each other.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We fly to FLL tomorrow morning and sail on Friday.   Live review will be started later today. 

Then I shall have my popcorn ready.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I agree with DaKahuna (btw aren't you supposed to be away doing the Canal?).  However your Apple Watch will connect to your iPhone (the iPhone that it is paired with) via Bluetooth--if the two are in range of each other.

Thanks  for the answer 

since I don’t have one , I wasn’t sure if they stay connect with wifi or Bluetooth 

11 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Thanks  for the answer 

since I don’t have one , I wasn’t sure if they stay connect with wifi or Bluetooth 

They connect with both but the ships WiFi is a so called “captive network” that uses a web page and currently there is no way for the Apple Watch to log on to captive networks except with a tedious work around. So the watch will connect to the phone via Bluetooth if it is within range. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

DaKaHuna. 

Looking forward to hearing your review. 

It’s On Summit correct ??

No, we are sailing on the Millennium.  Summit is one of her sister ships. 

As a side note, if you like to use the fitness tracker when walking on deck.... set it to indoor walk... unless you want to get a crazy map and get a reading of about 11 miles for a 30 minute walk. I did not realize this the first time I tried walking with my Apple Watch. The map looked like I was drunk walking and every few laps I got an alert that I had done another mile.... looked like I was breaking some kind of speed walking record. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

DaKaHuna. 

Looking forward to hearing your review. 

It’s On Summit correct ??

Millennium in 2023 and Summit in 2024