Sleeping in another cabin, is it possible.

vikkii19

We'll be cruising with another couple. The girls (myself and my friend) don't drink at all, while the guys love their booze. 

How complicated, or is it even possible to put both of them in the same cabin with the drink package and then have her and I in another cabin without the drink package. But then once onboard, I'd be with my husband in one cabin and vice versa. 

Other than one of the cards not opening the room door, are there any other issues we may encounter. And is this even a possibility? 

6 minutes ago, vikkii19 said:

We'll be cruising with another couple. The girls (myself and my friend) don't drink at all, while the guys love their booze. 

How complicated, or is it even possible to put both of them in the same cabin with the drink package and then have her and I in another cabin without the drink package. But then once onboard, I'd be with my husband in one cabin and vice versa. 

Other than one of the cards not opening the room door, are there any other issues we may encounter. And is this even a possibility? 

If you switch places in cabin life, you switch places in real life... forever. 

• Haha 4

Yes it can be done. 

If you both cant have your own credit card on file, but I think you can, just have one guy use his card with his wife and have one lady from other cabin use her card with her husband. 

Have fun. 

Edited by js

We have done something like that between parent and kids.

We had FCC credits from a suite where we had our adult kids as guests 1 & 2.  We did this so they got the extra specialty dining to match what my wife and I had for Platinum status.  When it was cancelled most of the FCC went to the kids as guest 1 & 2 - even though I paid for all 5 of us.

When using the FCC, we were going with two cabins.  But the kids had 90% of the FCC.  We booked two adjoining cabins, and put a kids with the FCC in each.  We swapped who lived where, and the key card was not an issue with the adjoining cabin door.  Payment was not an issue because I was paying for all 5 again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vikkii19 said:

I have considered doing this also and wondered the same thing as you have.  In my situation it involves kids and a spouse that doesnt drink alcohol.  So I was thinking of booking the cabin with her spouse  (we both drink alcohol) and she would be with her 2 kids (no drink packages needed in that cabin)  Then she and I would switch cabins to sleep. No problem with me in the cabin with her kids at night and my spouse doesnt travel.   I dont see why it would  be considered fraud because there are no rules about only legally married people booking a cabin together. 

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Parents with kids do this all of the time, just go to guest services after you board and pick up a couple of key cards.

Not sure about NCL and how drink packages impact this but this is what we have done on Carnival many times.

Wife and kid booked in one room.....another kid and I in another.  Then we ask for key cards.  Not an issue for the OP but you the child booked with you CANNOT get off/on ship without the adult they are roomed with though.  Found out from experience that my son (booked with me) could not get off at port with the wife.  Guest services can change that.

2 minutes ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

Not sure about NCL and how drink packages impact this but this is what we have done on Carnival many times.

Wife and kid booked in one room.....another kid and I in another.  Then we ask for key cards.  Not an issue for the OP but you the child booked with you CANNOT get off/on ship without the adult they are roomed with though.  Found out from experience that my son (booked with me) could not get off at port with the wife.  Guest services can change that.

We’ve never had this issue, we book 3 kids with 1 of us, 2 kids with the other, I know my husband has taken them all off by himself. Our 19 and 20 year olds had to be booked with us but we’re able to leave the ship alone in the Bahamas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

an issue for the OP but you the child booked with you CANNOT get off/on ship without the adult they are roomed with though.  Found out from experience that my son (booked with me) could not get off at port with the wife.  Guest services can change that.

why wouldnt you all get off together? Oh, I got it.  Because the son booked with you is on your key card.  So he wouldnt match with your wife?  (but the other son would) That makes sense.   I guess you did this arrangement because you didnt want the kids in a room by themselves?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

why wouldnt you all get off together? Oh, I got it.  Because the son booked with you is on your key card.  So he wouldnt match with your wife?  (but the other son would) That makes sense.   I guess you did this arrangement because you didnt want the kids in a room by themselves?

NCL requires those under the age of 21 to be booked with an adult (I think 25+?).

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

We normally would get off together but I had to run back to the room for something so the kids went ahead with my wife.  But they wouldn't let my son (booked with me) off with my wife because the bookings were 2 separate bookings.  We did it this way because either the site wouldn't let us book the kids in one room by themselves...........or we weren't that smart to figure it out 🙂

Never had an issue but that one time and now we know (and our kids are +21 now.)

42 minutes ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

We normally would get off together but I had to run back to the room for something so the kids went ahead with my wife.  But they wouldn't let my son (booked with me) off with my wife because the bookings were 2 separate bookings.  We did it this way because either the site wouldn't let us book the kids in one room by themselves...........or we weren't that smart to figure it out 🙂

Never had an issue but that one time and now we know (and our kids are +21 now.)

42 minutes ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

You didn’t miss anything, we had to book my husband and I separate cabins due to the kids four times.

• Thanks 1