No more bowties to indicate formal nights?

bitob

My first 2 cruises on ss I was told bowties indicate formal nights.  Never saw a bowtie

Now I am looking at a July cruise.

No bowties.

Is there any way to know which nights are formal nights so I can book restaurants accordingly?

If I call SS can they tell me?

3 hours ago, bitob said:

My first 2 cruises on ss I was told bowties indicate formal nights.  Never saw a bowtie

Now I am looking at a July cruise.

No bowties.

Is there any way to know which nights are formal nights so I can book restaurants accordingly?

If I call SS can they tell me?

Where are you looking?

go to mysilversea.com,

then click on the words, Discover More in the bottom right corner of the BOOKINGS Square

then Click on the yellow square that says ACTIVITIES

a new window will open, scroll down to where you see the calendar for all the days of your cruise.

next to one or two of the dates, depending on how long your cruise is,  should be a grey bowtie

See the image I attached below.

Bowtiepic.thumb.png.3e8db2174e79cb47014364f59b8d3b3a.png

I hope that helps.

I have seen that, but I'm not sure where to look for the bowtie. (I do see what it looks like in the legend, but I'm not sure where on that daily listing it goes. Is it up at the top with the day's description?) My cruise isn't until July of 2024 so I don't expect to see it yet, but I'm still not sure where to look.

6 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I have seen that, but I'm not sure where to look for the bowtie. (I do see what it looks like in the legend, but I'm not sure where on that daily listing it goes. Is it up at the top with the day's description?) My cruise isn't until July of 2024 so I don't expect to see it yet, but I'm still not sure where to look.

By the time that you get on the dress code could have slipped even more.😁

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I have seen that, but I'm not sure where to look for the bowtie. (I do see what it looks like in the legend, but I'm not sure where on that daily listing it goes. Is it up at the top with the day's description?)

Here’s where it is 

E2580132-7083-4DEF-971F-97EB8EE4976E.thumb.jpeg.780afe94a1be5b8ba17006959599092c.jpeg

• Like 2

My wife and I just signed up for an Endeavour expedition cruise to the British and Scottish Isles in 11 months.  No bow ties appear on the schedule as described in previous posts.  Can we be confident that there will be no formal nights or might one or more be added as we get closer to the cruise?  Formal wear does not make sense to me on an expedition cruise but since this is my first Silversea cruise I do not know how SS and the SS culture feel about that.

5 hours ago, Woodrowst said:

My wife and I just signed up for an Endeavour expedition cruise to the British and Scottish Isles in 11 months.

Hopefully not in 11 months, as it would be mighty cold cruising the British and Scottish Isles next February... and Endeavour will still be in Antarctica! 🤣 

13 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Hopefully not in 11 months, as it would be mighty cold cruising the British and Scottish Isles next February... and Endeavour will still be in Antarctica! 🤣 

It's always cold cruising the British isles

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bitob said:

I just went back to look based on the advice I received here.

No bowties anywhere.

Good morning, that is not unusual. For some reason, sometimes the bowties show up and sometimes they don't, but the picture posted is correct. It would normally show up where the arrow is pointed.

23 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, that is not unusual. For some reason, sometimes the bowties show up and sometimes they don't, but the picture posted is correct. It would normally show up where the arrow is pointed.

I’m pretty sure there were no bow ties on the daily schedule on our last cruise on the Dawn in January.  Based on our previous experience I guessed right that our first formal night would be the second day which was a sea day.  The second night was not so clear as this was for us the second leg of two 7-day cruises done back-to-back with no sea days.  When I asked I was told, in kind of you should have known way, that formal nights were always the second day of a cruise.   Okay fine maybe but this was our first time doing back-to-back 7-day cruises with Silversea so no experience. As an aside it was interesting that these shorter cruises obviously aren’t as attractive to Silversea regulars as we had the lowest percentage of Venetian Society members on both legs as I can remember over our 11 years with Silversea.   Made the cruises a bit different and interesting as the less experienced crowd was pretty obvious up to and including a fairly large group that had to be cautioned about their behavior.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Oops.  I subtracted instead of adding a month.  It is actually in 13 months (April of 2024).  Now i know why I never became a math teacher.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The bowties never showed up in the calendar for the Muse cruise we did in December despite having three formal nights during the cruise. 

We have previously made restaurant bookings according to the bowtie information in the calendar for a Moon cruise, but the formal nights turned out to be on different days.

So, the bowties are not 100% reliable.

14 hours ago, Woodrowst said:

My wife and I just signed up for an Endeavour expedition cruise to the British and Scottish Isles in 11 months.  No bow ties appear on the schedule as described in previous posts.  Can we be confident that there will be no formal nights or might one or more be added as we get closer to the cruise?  Formal wear does not make sense to me on an expedition cruise but since this is my first Silversea cruise I do not know how SS and the SS culture feel about that.

If you are on an Expedition, there are no formal nights.

17 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Considering the cruise in question is in the British Isles, penguins would be really interesting! 😉

There are some in London Zoo 

That's one tour for you

Edited by Mr Luxury