Question regarding Move up Bids

cruisemom3gz

Just a question for those of you who have experience with a move up bid. I submitted a bid January 23, 2023.  We cruise three weeks from tomorrow on Apex and for five weeks now my bid  has been locked at pending. I cannot change what I bid or withdrawl it. Does anyone have any personal experience with this? Or has yours been locked too? Also went from my original bid email and it says pending and locked with the company that does the upgrades.

5 minutes ago, belinda314501 said:

I have the exact same situation and I am on your same sailing. Curious if others are in the same boat?  Can anyone on this cruise still modify a bid?

Your Roll Call would be the best place for your question

Are you referring to the April 8th cruise on Apex?

I'm on that cruise and was notified 2 days ago (the 15th) that our bid from Concierge to Sky Suite was accepted.

What cabin type are you bidding on and what are you currently in?  

• Like 1

Same for us for the April 8th Apex.  The suites are disappearing today and inside cabins have become available. Looks like they are working the moveups now.  Fingers crossed for all of us!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cruisemom3gz said:

Just a question for those of you who have experience with a move up bid. I submitted a bid January 23, 2023.  We cruise three weeks from tomorrow on Apex and for five weeks now my bid  has been locked at pending. I cannot change what I bid or withdrawl it. Does anyone have any personal experience with this? Or has yours been locked too? Also went from my original bid email and it says pending and locked with the company that does the upgrades.

Every time this happens to me, I have won the bid. Sometimes I am notified the same day it locks and sometimes I'm not notified until a few days prior to sailing. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruisemom3gz said:

Congratulations @jpsykes!!  Yes we are on the same cruise.  We are in a Concierge currently and bid on Sky Suite,  Was your bid at any time showing pending and you couldn't change it?

We also went from Concierge to Sky Suite - bid was $855 (each) - we are Elite so got that slight bump percentage. Showed pending but I never tried to change it and never saw it in 'locked' status. 

I have the exact same situation and I am on your same sailing. Curious if others are in the same boat?  Can anyone on this cruise still modify a bid?

UPDATE:  I just got the move up awarded so hopefully your upgrade is coming soon!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, belinda314501 said:

UPDATE:  I just got the move up awarded so hopefully your upgrade is coming soon!

congratulations  

1 hour ago, belinda314501 said:

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations!  Praying I get mine! 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belinda314501 said:

what did you bid?

3 hours ago, jpsykes said:

Are you referring to the April 8th cruise on Apex?

I'm on that cruise and was notified 2 days ago (the 15th) that our bid from Concierge to Sky Suite was accepted.

What cabin type are you bidding on and what are you currently in?  

Curious how the bidding process works. My husband and I are booked for a TA next year in a Prime Infinite Balcony. If you're given the option to upgrade, is it only to the next available level up?

42 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Curious how the bidding process works. My husband and I are booked for a TA next year in a Prime Infinite Balcony. If you're given the option to upgrade, is it only to the next available level up?

No limits. You can bid on anything that is listed. You will only see options for cabins or suites that are a higher level than yours. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

Have they ever rejected a bid even if there are vacancies?

I believe they have.  They are trying hard to protect price integrity.   I'm assuming they don't want people to get into the habit of booking lower cabins knowing they can MoveUp multiple levels with a minimum bid

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jules815 said:

As someone else said --- you will see available categories above where you are currently booked - I saw Sky Suite as well as 3 or 4 other higher level suites

10 hours ago, jpsykes said:

As someone else said --- you will see available categories above where you are currently booked - I saw Sky Suite as well as 3 or 4 other higher level suites

That's good to know. I guess I have time to do some research to see if for this particular cruise it would be worth it for us. Haven't sailed with X since pre-Covid and also pre-Retreat. (Retreat replaced Michael's Club??) This transatlantic wasn't even our radar initially. We have a wedding to attend next year in Ft. Lauderdale, thought it would be nice to tag a cruise onto the end of that, and here we are. 

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe they have.  They are trying hard to protect price integrity.   I'm assuming they don't want people to get into the habit of booking lower cabins knowing they can MoveUp multiple levels with a minimum bid

On the other hand, they set the minimum bid.. my guess is lower bids are accepted last, so we will probably not hear until 2 days before sailing. Will update once we know..

32 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

On the other hand, they set the minimum bid.. my guess is lower bids are accepted last, so we will probably not hear until 2 days before sailing. Will update once we know..

April 8th - Expedia shows 9 Sky Suites available for booking so you got a chance

Do the suites always include things like beverage packages, internet, etc., or is that only with included promotions? I know when we sailed in suites in the past, that was all included with a promotion. The current promotional rate we have, which isn't in a suite, is for room only. Pretty good deal though. So if we did bid to upgrade, we'd still have to purchase our drink packages, etc? I'm not at all familiar with The Retreat. Why would we want that? This is a transatlantic cruise in April. 

Edited by jules815

2 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

Can someone explain this to me.  I got a move up bid that’s says sky suite $2,500pp, is this on top of what I have previously paid? Sorry just confused!

thank you

Yes, that is above and beyond what you have already paid.  I also am going to assume that is the maximum bid.  There should be a slider bar where you can bid from a pre-determined minimum up to the maximum.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:29 PM, jules815 said:

Do the suites always include things like beverage packages, internet, etc., or is that only with included promotions? I know when we sailed in suites in the past, that was all included with a promotion. The current promotional rate we have, which isn't in a suite, is for room only. Pretty good deal though. So if we did bid to upgrade, we'd still have to purchase our drink packages, etc? I'm not at all familiar with The Retreat. Why would we want that? This is a transatlantic cruise in April. 

Currently when you book an Aqua or a Retreat class room on Celebrity the beverage package, internet, etc. are included.  For Aqua it is the Classic and for Retreat it is the Premium beverage package. 

If you bid and win an upgrade through the Move Up program to the Retreat (suite) you would keep any current packages you purchased and gain access to the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club, depending on which ship, access to Luminae for your meals, and again depending on which ship, access to the Retreat Sun Deck.  You would not receive the Premium beverage package or the upgraded WiFi that you would get if you booked a suite.  However, drinks in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club would be free.  They would not be free, under a Move Up, in Luminae or on the Retreat Sun Deck. 

• Thanks 1

I am sailing in a Prime Concierge category on the Infinity June 10 and received the Move Up Offer email yesterday. Minimum bids have been set high--$800 for Aqua and $2700 for Sky Suite. Now there is a category offer called "common.offer.upgrade.type.IN2.MINI_SUITE_LARGE." Minimum bid is $100. Has anyone seen this in a Move Up offer before? I called Celebrity today and asked what it was for and  the rep told me it was for a Sky Suite bid. That makes no sense to me since Sky Suite has its own category bid. Anyone have any idea what I would be bidding for in this category? Is this just a software glitch?