Classic Beverage Package questions

hisfirstm8

On 3/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, hisfirstm8 said:

Arizona Wildcat,

So how does it work getting the free drinks during the dinner hours if you are an Elite.  It is drinks at bars during a certain time frame?  

Thanks, we haven't cruises since they had a lounge to go to.

Barbara

Also, you cannot get the CC HH drinks in the dining venues. 

Is it true that the Classic package no longer includes cappuccinos or lattes at Cafe Bacio? In the past, those were always included with the Classic package!

Is it cheaper to upgrade from Classic to Premium before the cruise to obtain a loyalty discount? 

7 minutes ago, eel said:

Is it true that the Classic package no longer includes cappuccinos or lattes at Cafe Bacio? In the past, those were always included with the Classic package!

Is it cheaper to upgrade from Classic to Premium before the cruise to obtain a loyalty discount? 

Where did you read this , 🤔 as it is not true 

You need to call in to get your Elite discount of 15% 

We will just pay the difference if we want to upgrade a drink  IMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.92035e2f057643d88148b1b71282218c.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Where did you read this , 🤔 as it is not true 

You need to call in to get your Elite discount of 15% 

We will just pay the difference if we want to upgrade a drink  IMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.92035e2f057643d88148b1b71282218c.jpeg

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

Here is the text of one of the FAQ answers:

What is the Premium Drink Package?

The Premium Drink Package includes all Classic Drink Package items, PLUS: Specialty coffees & teas, craft & artisan beers, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, Coca-Cola products, premium bottled water, and wines by the glass up to $17 per serving. Also, take a 20% discount off all bottles of wine!

5 hours ago, eel said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

Here is the text of one of the FAQ answers:

What is the Premium Drink Package?

The Premium Drink Package includes all Classic Drink Package items, PLUS: Specialty coffees & teas, craft & artisan beers, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, Coca-Cola products, premium bottled water, and wines by the glass up to $17 per serving. Also, take a 20% discount off all bottles of wine!

It doesn't help that in the list pictured it lists "premium coffees" in both columns. I sail in a couple of years so things might change by then (given experience they will change).

1 minute ago, sparks1093 said:

It doesn't help that in the list pictured it lists "premium coffees" in both columns. I sail in a couple of years so things might change by then (given experience they will change).

Any expresso based coffee is consider a premium coffee for Celebrity 

37 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

It looks like there are no "mocktails" on the Classic package? It would seem only the Elite or the non-alcoholic package.

That strikes me as odd .. can anyone confirm?

You would think if it is under $10 it should be included 

On 3/18/2023 at 10:26 AM, binro01 said:

The bars will have a happy hour menu. Basically go to a bar that's not the Martini Bar or the World Bar and you will see the HH menu.

I just got off the edge 10 day cruise and had martinis at the martini bar every night with the happy hour menu.

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

One would think that but it has never been the case.  An example that always baffled me was the coffee with Bailey's - priced at $8.00 but was not included in the Classic because Bailey's is only available on the Deluxe Beverage Package.  I think smoothies from the Spa Cafe were another example.  But this was all under the old beverage packages.  Have not been on a sailing yet under the new packages.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

One would think that but it has never been the case.  An example that always baffled me was the coffee with Bailey's - priced at $8.00 but was not included in the Classic because Bailey's is only available on the Deluxe Beverage Package.  I think smoothies from the Spa Cafe were another example.  But this was all under the old beverage packages.  Have not been on a sailing yet under the new packages.  

Better to have coffee with 43 , it is included on classic package 😁

51 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Better to have coffee with 43 , it is included on classic package 😁

Thank you but i'll stick to my coffee with Bailey's.  Every once in a while I may get a wild hair and order an Aspen but usually it's just coffee with Bailey's.  It's nice having the DBP. 

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would have thought so as well, but no idea what a "mocktail" costs (yet) on Celebrity. Hitting an "age" where we having more drinks  which are more low or no alcohol .. but don't drink soda and water is just .. well .. you know ...water

Looking forward to checking into the options on out first cruise this Saturday. 😃

37 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I would have thought so as well, but no idea what a "mocktail" costs (yet) on Celebrity. Hitting an "age" where we having more drinks  which are more low or no alcohol .. but don't drink soda and water is just .. well .. you know ...water

Looking forward to checking into the options on out first cruise this Saturday. 😃

Which is why I go through two to four bottles of Vitamin Zero water on a sea day when we cruise with Celebrity.  At home, it's usually only one of those a day. 

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Which is why I go through two to four bottles of Vitamin Zero water on a sea day when we cruise with Celebrity.  At home, it's usually only one of those a day. 

The Retreat lounge had Zero Sugar lemon flavored Vitamin Water. When our butler noticed us drinking them, he kept a supply in our cabin for us. It's the cost of those and the sparkling waters, not so much the expensive booze, that has me thinking about upgrading to Premium for my August cruise.

21 hours ago, HeddaGarbled said:

‘Specialty’ coffees means the ones with alcohol in or fancy flavourings and are only on the Premium package.

‘Premium’ coffees means the cappucinos, lattes etc and are available on the Standard package. 

Than makes sense and that's how I understand it, but in the picture provided of Choose your Package provided in post 53 it doesn't use the term "specialty" but mentions "premium coffee" in both columns. Probably an oversight on the copy editor's part.

Edited by sparks1093