Koningsdam - Balcony Stateroom Toilet

Looking for reviews of the “toilet” in a balcony room. We are considering a 17 Hawaii cruise and looking at the pictures the toilet looks at an angle which would make it tricky to use for longer leg people. Looks like you would hit the glass door. Is this correct or just not a great picture on CC. Thanks in advance! 

36 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

They definitely are angled toward shower doors.  My hubby had issues with knees. Thankfully they corrected it on the 2 sister ships, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam.  

What was corrected?  Is the bathroom wider, or the toilet straighter?  Seems that the photos of the N. Statendam still show the toilet at an angle.  I am tall and my knees touched the bathtub edge on the Noordam.

Update:  I just found a good video of a stateroom bathroom on the N. Statendam.  Look at minute 14:40 -14:42.  Thanks weix for pointing out that opening the shower door helps!

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

All three Pinnacle ships have the exact same toilet issues. If you pay for a neptune suite you can get a toilet that you can sit on normally otherwise you will have to open the shower door and sit sideways (and it’s still awkward, even for short people!). Every category under neptune suite that we have had has the same design. Maybe the signature suite is different but we have not had one. Vista suites are the same sideways toilet however. 

Edited by Real NHDOC

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

What was corrected?  Is the bathroom wider, or the toilet straighter?  Seems that the photos of the N. Statendam still show the toilet at an angle.  I am tall and my knees touched the bathtub edge on the Noordam.

Update:  I just found a good video of a stateroom bathroom on the N. Statendam.  Look at minute 14:40 -14:42.  Thanks weix for pointing out that opening the shower door helps!

I am really not sure…. But I do know we have been on all three ships multiple times with no issues on N Statendam or Rotterdam.  Me being 5’ 4 - I had no issues on any of the ships except listening to him complain on Koningsdam 🤣

• Haha 1

Yes, the Rotterdam is still on an angle but less of an angle than Konningsdam so it's better.  Last year there was a thread with comparison pictures, and you could see the difference on those pictures.  

~Nancy

I’m 6’3. Have been on K-Dam a few times now. The toilet angle is a nuisance, but not a significant one. We still prefer the larger showers on HAL Pinnacles to almost everything else at sea for non-suite cabins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

Yes, the Rotterdam is still on an angle but less of an angle than Konningsdam so it's better.  Last year there was a thread with comparison pictures, and you could see the difference on those pictures.  

~Nancy

I sailed the Koningsdam and the toilet is on an angle but it wasn’t much of an issue for me.  I just got off the Rotterdam and noticed a big difference in the toilet placement…..

1 hour ago, doone said:

I sailed the Koningsdam and the toilet is on an angle but it wasn’t much of an issue for me.  I just got off the Rotterdam and noticed a big difference in the toilet placement…..

For the better I take it?

😁