Cakes added to Premium Dessert offerings on Crown Princess

Shelly97060

16 minutes ago, Coral said:

I started cruising in the late 90's. 

There have been a ton of changes (not for the better) since then. It really would take up so much time to explain the differences. Food today is night and day from what we were served previously. Even 10 years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago, etc..... Princess used to have amazing food back in the day.

Oh wow! I was in elementary school and not cruising yet. Lol 

We're hoping the sushi is still yummy at Ocean Terrace when we board in a couple days. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

Waiting for the day when individuals will take an Enterman's cake on board for desert 🤣

Eating one right now……..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

too bad I’m not on a cruise.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 8:36 PM, Shelly97060 said:

Today in International Cafe they have three cakes offered at $4.50 per slice or free with Plus/ Premier Package. Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Cake and Black Forest Cake.

EB4DFC14-5BB0-4388-BCBE-A61FB8A774C1.thumb.jpeg.ab0cc2092fe138c2c7a06f47113f4d5a.jpegDB7502E3-3E61-4A78-8DB1-09D525DFDA1C.thumb.jpeg.77ec76d8c974158596eb7ff4d3734f8d.jpegE143C292-6668-4FD4-8AC9-ED00E88AD358.thumb.jpeg.062e29a5c04817c88988e124dd653974.jpeg

They actually had those cakes and several more in the buffet on the Enchanted! I only saw it one day but the folks were lined up for a slice!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We had these in the buffet on a sea day in January.  Cruise was at 60% capacity, so plenty for everyone. We didn't try them as they were made from a mix (not from scratch). 

20230321_101251.jpg

Screenshot_20230321-101104_Gallery.jpg

How do you know they were made from a mix?  The sure looked beautiful though!.. We didn't try any either.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We're hoping the sushi is still yummy at Ocean Terrace when we board in a couple days. 

I was just in my 20's. Cruising was amazing back then. You wouldn't recognize it now. You would have to go to a higher end line to recognize it.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

They actually had those cakes and several more in the buffet on the Enchanted! I only saw it one day but the folks were lined up for a slice!

I must have missed seeing those pay items on the enchanted altogether.

What will they think of next?

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

How do you know they were made from a mix?  The sure looked beautiful though!.. We didn't try any either.

They were made with cheap mix; they were tough, dry, and tasteless. 

4 hours ago, Coral said:

I was just in my 20's. Cruising was amazing back then. You wouldn't recognize it now. You would have to go to a higher end line to recognize it.

I hate to say it but even the coveted Peanut Butter cookies are not as good as they were before.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I hate to say it but even the coveted Peanut Butter cookies are not as good as they were before.

That's a shame. My favorites are oatmeal raisin, and I had one recently on the Sky that was really very good.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Neither were the donuts at the IC. They were just a lump of heavy dough with icing on top. No resemblance to what they used to server.

They did have donuts made similarly to what they used to have for the general crowd, but they were only for people in Sabatini's.

I suspect the other pastries were also of better quality.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Neither were the donuts at the IC. They were just a lump of heavy dough with icing on top. No resemblance to what they used to server.

They did have donuts made similarly to what they used to have for the general crowd, but they were only for people in Sabatini's.

I'm not really a donut person, but I used to love those little round filled donuts. They had either jam or - even better - custard in them. Haven't seen those for a while.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

But they were only so-so even years ago.

It all depended on the ship. Pre-pandemic on the Grand Princess they were really good. I suspect that now with the new fleet head chef or whatever title he has probably not as good.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

The donuts in the IC are pretty much the same as pre Covid. Princess does not do good donuts, nor gave they for several years.

Years ago the IC used to offer “Cronuts”. They were just great and were basically croissant like donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar. Really good buttery tasting without being too sweet. The pastry offerings now lack any imagination compared to the past years.

Apologies for veering slightly off topic, but on Coral in February I made it my mission to try as many desserts as possible. 😂

I agree with those who have said that the layer cakes have no flavour. They are basically all the same, just with different colours.

The doughnuts were also disappointing. They're quite dense, not light and fluffy.

The pastries and danishes were consistently good.

There was a nice lemon meringue custardy cheesecake that was quite nice too.

The chocolate cake available in the Medallion app was excellent.

But my favourite was the rotating selection of cupcakes. They did have good flavour, and the buttercream toppings were divine. The red velvet and chocolate chip versions were my top pick but the carrot cake and other variations were all lovely.

They had a dessert extravaganza in the buffet one afternoon. I didn't try anything but did manage to get a quick video of the selection.

PXL_20230204_014409800-01.jpeg

PXL_20230203_090433544-02.jpeg

PXL_20230204_080931700-01.jpeg

PXL_20230203_051157464-01.jpeg

PXL_20230202_230140518.PORTRAIT-01.jpeg

PXL_20230202_090821897-01.jpeg

Edited by Kellyansapansa
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 6:19 PM, startedwithamouse said:

You’re making me feel so old, and I know I’m not!  LOL!

my first cruise was on the Costa Enrico C, in 1983.   🫣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ldtr said:

The donuts in the IC are pretty much the same as pre Covid. Princess does not do good donuts, nor gave they for several years.

What ship were you on?

It certainly wasn't that way on the Enchanted recently. 

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

What ship were you on?

It certainly wasn't that way on the Enchanted recently. 

There were the hot pink douhgntus and doughnuts filled with either jam or custard in Sabatini's every morning on Enchanted in February.

Edited by FritzG