Whataburger - Princess Promo?

VibeGuy

pre pandemic Princess cruise line guy bought a crap ton load of little umbrellas to back the bars across the lines. He was going to get a big promotion for this marketing idea! During the pandemic there was a need to generate revenue for obvious reasons. The guy from whataburger was hanging out at the country club and ran into the guy who bought a crap ton load of little umbrellas.  The  Burger guys' stressed out over his gin and tonic with a supply line cut,  he could not get any tooth picks, and this guy from princess hanging over his drink, wondering what to do with all those umbrellas,  over hears the whataburger guy and figures this could generate revenue and he could still get that promotion. So the guy with the umbrella tooth picks marks up the toothpicks 300% sells them to whatshisname from whataburger and BOOM. Then, the whataburger guy got tired of pulling all the little umbrellas off the tooth picks and decides he needs to find the princess guy at the club and unload the umbrella tooth picks. A few drinks later, they still don't know what to do,  so they decide to put the umbella in the burger and take a picture. They give it to one of their kids and ask them to post it on social media. Boom Boom BOOM and now we all what to know what's up with that! Marketing my friend.  

• Haha 4

The Grill burgers have finally gotten decent on our last couple of trips on Princess so I'd hate to see them mess that up.  There's a Whataburger approximately two miles from our house and I don't think I would go there if it was next door.  Psssttt Princess:  if you're hellbent on partnering with a fast food joint may I suggest In-N-Out?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The Grill burgers have finally gotten decent on our last couple of trips on Princess so I'd hate to see them mess that up.  There's a Whataburger approximately two miles from our house and I don't think I would go there if it was next door.  Psssttt Princess:  if you're hellbent on partnering with a fast food joint may I suggest In-N-Out?

this is heresy 💀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Doubtful.  Whataburger has only regional appeal.  Galveston would be the only port where most local passengers would be familiar with the brand vs. for example Guy's burgers on Carnival, where Guy Fieri has exposure across the US on Food Network.

I’m in GA and we have Whataburger popping up all over here and the southeast. I’m sure in next few years they will be all over. 

52 minutes ago, sammyjoanne said:

Not heard of this company before, but by the sounds of it its got varied opinions. If it looks like that picture above, then I would definitely try it 🙂

The odds of getting a Whataburger that looks like that are about the same as getting a rail-thin supermodel next to you in the middle airplane seat. 

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Can't figure out the love of In-N-Out.  Have tried it twice because people rave about it.  Didn't like it either time.  We don't have one within several States from us so don't have to try it again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, phatlad said:

In-N-Out=Whataburger=Sonic

All three are the same, burger-wise.

Wow, Sonic is horrible. Never had In-N-Out or Whataburger (East coast Florida resident, I usually am looking for a slightly more upscale meal when traveling then burgers). Culver's I could eat. Both Guy's and HAL's burger places are decent, although I think I prefer the ones on HAL. One of the reasons Carnival was one and done for me was the burgers were the best food on the ship.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, azbirdmom said:

Psssttt Princess:  if you're hellbent on partnering with a fast food joint may I suggest In-N-Out?

OOOOooooh In-N-Out the hamburger for people that like eating shoe leather.

• Like 1

Everyone was raised on some kind of different food specific to their region

Whataburgers was one of the places my parents would take me every other Friday night when I was a kid and I love their hamburgers which taste better to me than any other fast food burger 🙂 

They started a franchise in Tempe, Arizona more than 50+ years ago and man, I sure miss them living in California now.

Good old comfort food for my taste buds (and we all have different taste depending what we grew up on)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, AZjohn said:

They started a franchise in Tempe, Arizona more than 50+ years ago and man, I sure miss them living in California now.

They started in Corpus Christi, TX in 1950 by a fellow named Harmon Dobson with an assist from Paul Burton. 

Didn't know that they'd been in AZ for that long. 

Had my first in Kingsville, TX about 1958. 

• Thanks 1