HAL is on the Ball.....Really?

Hlitner

Folks, we all know that HAL has been facing some tough times so it is wonderful to know their staff has their priorities.  Today we received or 4th e-mail in the past few weeks,,,each changing our embarkation time out of Yokohama (next week).  But today's HAL e-mail must have taken 20 staff hours to compose.  They changed our embarkation time from 11:00am to 11:20pm.  For this earth shattering change they felt it worthy to annoy our cruise agency with one more e-mail and cause DW and I to shake our heads wondering if they will be as precise with our onboard accounting or properly preparing our Eggs Benedict :).  Meanwhile. HAL has refused to tell anyone on the Asian cruises whether (or not) they need to get their own Korean K-ETA.  But, we will do our best to arrive at the port at 11:20 and NOT 11:19.

Hank

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t know if it’s every port but I thought 4 and 5 star Mariners could arrive whenever.

Been many reports here that a), check in times change very frequently, and b), 4 and 5 star mariners (and Suite pax as well) get assigned a boarding time, but can actually board any time.

• Like 2

I get the sarcasm. 😆

I know you and I both got the K-ETA anyway. But I hope HAL is as organized as Celebrity was when I sailed with them last spring (early April) on their first European cruise of the season, when things were still a bit unsettled as a result of COVID. No one was sure (including Celebrity) about what would be required in some ports. Remember these were the days of some countries -- including Portugal, our first stop. 

Turned out that at the last minute Portugal clarified that they wanted everyone on board to register through their site, provide vax proof, etc. Too late to expect everyone to do it  in advance (although I managed to get it done myself.).  So on the first day aboard ship they had a large conference room with many computer terminals and staff ready and waiting to assist passengers in getting this done. (Those who had done it in advance still had to come up at our designated time to show our screens and prove we had registered, so I watched the process.)

It was well organized and gotten through with a minimum of fuss. Somehow I wonder about HAL.....

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Been many reports here that a), check in times change very frequently, and b), 4 and 5 star mariners (and Suite pax as well) get assigned a boarding time, but can actually board any time.

Thank you.  Our boarding time was changed to 12:40.  Since we are 5* Mariners, it is O.K. to show up at 11:30?  Or are we just inviting a long wait even in the 5* line?

57 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you.  Our boarding time was changed to 12:40.  Since we are 5* Mariners, it is O.K. to show up at 11:30?  Or are we just inviting a long wait even in the 5* line?

We were 4 Star, now 5. In 2022, in 3 cruises, we never had a boarding time before 1:30. We were actually on board before noon all 3 cruises.

I could not get a straight answer from them regarding the K-ETA.  I would not have known about it if I hadn't heard of it on CC.  I spent too much time trying to do it on my desktop computer.  So I will let HAL worry about it.  If they don't want me to get off the ship in Buson, no big deal.  I have been there before.

Ray

• Haha 1