shareholder benefit…rejected!

Has anyone ever received a reply like the following with regards to the shareholder benefit?  I need to pull up the info again on the NCL page; I don’t recall there being any exclusions. 

“Thank you for taking the time to complete the Shareholder Benefit form and submit your request. Unfortunately, this booking has a promotion which offers a significant discount and is not combinable with the shareholder benefit, so we are unable to add the benefit.”

OP here. There are exclusions. What’s weird is that another cabin in the booking - same reduced price - DID get the OBC. Seems unfair that one in the group gets the benefit while another does not, however, I’m inclined not to call and inquire for fear of having the granted OBC taken away.

1 hour ago, wcsdkqh said:

Never seen or heard of that exclusion before. Must have been one hell of a discount. I've booked several cruises with promotional discounts and did receive the shareholder benefit discount.

It was, but like I said, it was applied to other cabin - same booking. Thinking about telling them to resubmit with a different email.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:14 PM, flyboyswife said:

It was, but like I said, it was applied to other cabin - same booking. Thinking about telling them to resubmit with a different email.

You said same booking different cabin??  You only get it for the shareholder in the booking.  Did both cabins have shares??

Our next cruise has special discounts but these were Regent promotions.  I assume you had a special travel agent group promotion??

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

You said same booking different cabin??  You only get it for the shareholder in the booking.  Did both cabins have shares??

Our next cruise has special discounts but these were Regent promotions.  I assume you had a special travel agent group promotion??

yes - two different shareholders, two different cabins; booked together. One submitted in February and got it. The other submitted last week and declined. Massive TA discount so I get why they have an exception, I just wonder why it wasn’t evenly applied. Though I can assure you the shareholder who was granted the OBC is NOT asking any questions, lol!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, flyboyswife said:

yes - two different shareholders, two different cabins; booked together. One submitted in February and got it. The other submitted last week and declined. Massive TA discount so I get why they have an exception, I just wonder why it wasn’t evenly applied. Though I can assure you the shareholder who was granted the OBC is NOT asking any questions, lol!

There is no TA discount, they all get the same pricing (although there might be a "special" underwritten by either a consortium or Regent Account Manager). If a TA chooses to give a kickback to a client it wouldn't affect the shareholder credit. It is possible that another promotion conflicted though - or that the first shareholder credit was applied in error. Here is the fine print.

*Credit is applied on a per stateroom/suite basis. There can only be one credit per shareholder reservation on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms/ suites and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom/suite booked must be held. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value. Any unused credit shall be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. Benefit is non-transferable, excludes Reduced Rate programs (e.g. employee rates, interline, friends /family rates, vendor rates, cruises taken via cruise credit certificate, or free cruises earned through Oceania Cruises loyalty benefits), and travel agent rates, and charters. All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date. The Shareholder must own the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Offer is valid only for new reservations made on or after January 7, 2019. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Government taxes and fees are additional. Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer at any time without notice, and are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Other terms and conditions may apply. Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises discretion. Other terms, restrictions, and conditions may apply. Not applicable to Chartered Dates and incentive Group Types.

17 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

here is no TA discount, they all get the same pricing (although there might be a "special" underwritten by either a consortium or Regent Account Manager). If a TA chooses to give a kickback to a client it wouldn't affect the shareholder credit. It is possible that another promotion conflicted though - or that the first shareholder credit was applied in error. Here is the fine print.

OP here. We got a 25% discount for paying in full at the time of booking with our TA - that’s why I said TA discount. Two cabins. Two shareholders. Shareholders are married BUT each have their own separate/individual brokerage accounts, each holding 100 shares (we book in separate cabins for trip insurance purposes…don’t get me started).  I’d love to call and find out what the heck (!!) but not at the risk of the first shareholder (me!) losing the OBC.  

10 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

That discount was a Regent special if I recall...the TA doesn't have any incentive to have you pay at time of booking. That's why it doesn't stack.

So frustrating - Regent didn’t offer that to us. We originally held reservation with them directly but when I did my due diligence and got a quote from an impersonal TA (who told us of the 25% for paying in full), we called Regent back, asked for the 25% promo and Regent told us we had to do through the TA to get that deal. So we called the TA back, they pulled the reservation over and we paid. Saved 10k and I’m moping over $100; I just thought I had it all figured out!  So do you think Regent gave the one shareholder the OBC by mistake? This will continue to bother me….

26 minutes ago, flyboyswife said:

So frustrating - Regent didn’t offer that to us. We originally held reservation with them directly but when I did my due diligence and got a quote from an impersonal TA (who told us of the 25% for paying in full), we called Regent back, asked for the 25% promo and Regent told us we had to do through the TA to get that deal. So we called the TA back, they pulled the reservation over and we paid. Saved 10k and I’m moping over $100; I just thought I had it all figured out!  So do you think Regent gave the one shareholder the OBC by mistake? This will continue to bother me….

That woukd be my guess yes.

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

Sorry for such a silly question, but we have 100 shares of NCLH and would like to get this benefit for our upcoming cruise. How would we do that?

Make sure you fill in the shareholder benefit request form. It is a link on the page flossie has directed you to.