Question about refundable onboard credit.

screenname2004

If it is truly refundable and you don't use it (on your daily service charges, purchases, etc.)....then you will be able to obtain it in cash on the last evening/ morning of departure.  Never done myself but seen others attest to this consistently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pghflyer said:

If it is truly refundable and you don't use it (on your daily service charges, purchases, etc.)....then you will be able to obtain it in cash on the last evening/ morning of departure.  Never done myself but seen others attest to this consistently

@screenname2004 I Agree with @pghflyer and will add that you MUST get to guest services to pick up your remaining REFUNDABLE balance before you disembark the ship, else you will be flagged and pulled out of line, delaying your exit off the ship.

I would recommend that everyone checks every second or third day.    If anything is wrong it is easier to try to sort it out "at the time" rather than at the end of the cruise when lots of people are trying to work on refunds or problems.

52 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Yes, check your account regularly. Also, check from your in cabin TV. From the TV, it shows my non-refundable OBC and my overall account balance. The app is not as detail.

TV isn't an option on older ships. Unfortunately.

13 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Does NCL deduct my purchases with my non-refundable OBC first before going to my refundable OBC?l

Yes and No.  Any true "purchases" such as t-shirts, watches, perfume, shore excursions, etc. will deduct from your non-refundable before going to your refundable.  However, some expenses cannot be paid for with non-refundable OBC... such as your Daily Service Charge, CruiseNext certificates you may purchase, etc.  If you have those expenses, they will deduct from the refundable OBC. If you don't have enough refundable OBC for them, they will appear as a charge you must pay for (since any non-refundable OBC can't offset those charges).

So, technically, during a cruise, if you have both types of OBC, both types can be seen going down as your cruise progresses.  It is not easy to understand this based on what is shown on the TV Account Review (if your ship has that feature).  It is best to stop by guest services and get an Account printout every couple days if you have OBC you want to track to your spending.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

We are on day 7 of our 7-day cruise. Got a voice mail this morning about we can get our refundable OBC back. Went down to OBC desk before lunch and get the credit refunded in cash. Mich shorter line than to wait till the evening of day 7 or morning of day 8.

• Like 1