Chef's Table- how to book?

FrankieJayIII

We are interested in the Chef's Table.   What is the fastest way to book it?  People have said that they would have to go to their stateroom and dial DINING.  What if your room isn't ready?  Is there a faster way or a different way to book the Chef's Table?

How many nights does the Chef have a table on a 7 day or 10 day cruise? 

Please let me know what you know!

You can call DINE Line from any ship phone.  You can visit Guest Services and submit a request, but I wouldn't count on that getting to the right people in a timely manner.  Another option is to visit the DR for lunch on embarkation and ask the Mgr on duty about being added to the list.  I would call the DINE line and also mention it to my HW (Head Waiter for section) or DR Mgr.  Never hurts to add the personal touch and express interest.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FrankieJayIII said:

We are interested in the Chef's Table.   What is the fastest way to book it?  People have said that they would have to go to their stateroom and dial DINING.  What if your room isn't ready?  Is there a faster way or a different way to book the Chef's Table?

How many nights does the Chef have a table on a 7 day or 10 day cruise? 

Please let me know what you know!

There is no way to know, in my experience, as to how many nights for the Chef’s table until you get on the ship. You can call the Dine Line from any phone around the ship or ask the PSD to call them for you. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

We used a phone near the elevator bank to call the DINE line. The phone was answered quickly and they took our information and we got the invitation a few days later in our cabin. Best of luck. 

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sailed Sky last fall.  On embarkation day, right after we boarded, we went to Sabattini's and registered.  They told us there would only be one Chef's table on our cruise and it was sold out (we were suite guests and embarked early).  They put us on a wait list and a couple days into the cruise we got invitations.  It was a fabulous meal and by far the best meal we ever had at sea.  Hope you get to experience it.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 11:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

You can call DINE Line from any ship phone.

The extension is not DINE on all the ships. If it is not DINE, it is difficult to call from any phone outside of a cabin.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

The extension is not DINE on all the ships. If it is not DINE, it is difficult to call from any phone outside of a cabin.

I didn't intend to spell it like dialing.  I agree on the extension varying.  Often a button on the phone to use or call GS and they can transfer call or provide the numeric extension to dial.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FrankieJayIII said:

@maryann2I see you just got off a Ruby sailing- how was the condition of the ship?

We had a great cruise and the staff was great.  The Ruby is showing her age a little like some rust on the edge of the balcony, but although I noticed it here and there, it was not anything to prevent me from sailing on her again. 

• Like 2

I searched for an answer to a question re chef's table and this was the only thread that came up.

We have done Chef's table on another cruiseline , it is held everynight according to demand , there is an upcharge for it so I am quite surprised that availability on Princess is a bit random . 

My question was , if anyone knows on this thread , if you have Princess Premier is the Chef's table included as one of the  included speciality dining options ? . I have checked on the Princess website and read the terms and conditions and no where does it say it is excluded... . 

Edit: - think I found the answer to my question via a cruise blogger. Apparently Chef's table is classed as fine dining so does not come under the umbrella of Speciality restaurants. 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

What about scoring reservations to dining events like the winemaker’s dinner or the Super Tuscan dinner?  Is there a place on embarkation day to try and reserve those?  Are reservations ever available on the app to book pre cruise?

@chefchick On embarkation day the Director of Restaurant Operations (formerly called the Maitre d') generally can be found in one of the dining rooms to assist with dinner planning.  That would be a great place to start. His time there is limited to one or two hours, and, so, it is possible that you may miss him.  In that case, here are some backup ideas.

• The same Director of Restaurant Operations will be orbiting the various dining rooms during the dinner hours.
  • Of course he may not be in whatever dining room that you are in.  In that case, speak to the Headwaiter for that room.  He will be easy to spot.
  • If there is a Super Tuscan Dinner, it will be offered in the Sabatini's restaurant.  Visit Sabatini's and speak to the Headwaiter, there.
  • If you are in a suite on a Royal Class ship, and, incidentally, the Winemaker Dinner and the Super Tuscan Dinner are offered only on Royal Class ships, the concierge in the Suite Lounge can help you.
  • Finally, I'm not sure this will work, but there is no harm in calling the DINE line and requesting there
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:47 AM, Guardsy said:

Is there a cost for the Chef's Dinner?  Is it available in each of the dining rooms, or only in certain locations?

The Chef’s Table is a special area in one of the dinning rooms & is only used for that purpose. Depending on the length of you cruise it could be offered one or more nights. 

Here’s a photo on the Royal Princess with a curtain that wraps around once everyone is seated. Remember it’s only for 12 people. 

FYI…I’ve done about 12 Chef’s dinners & love each one & the people that I’ve met. 

image.thumb.jpeg.734291a94869dc8119bc928e8f9f8e4f.jpeg

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, heatherb1958 said:

I searched for an answer to a question re chef's table and this was the only thread that came up.

We have done Chef's table on another cruiseline , it is held everynight according to demand , there is an upcharge for it so I am quite surprised that availability on Princess is a bit random . 

My question was , if anyone knows on this thread , if you have Princess Premier is the Chef's table included as one of the  included speciality dining options ? . I have checked on the Princess website and read the terms and conditions and no where does it say it is excluded... . 

Edit: - think I found the answer to my question via a cruise blogger. Apparently Chef's table is classed as fine dining so does not come under the umbrella of Speciality restaurants. 

You are correct. It is a special meal in itself, & from my experience not to be missed. If you want to be treated like you are royalty than the Chef’s table will give you that experience   

Tom😀🤔

22 hours ago, LAX-HKG said:

Thanks XBGuy.  That’s very informative.

Would the Discovery Princess have the winemaker’s dinner on a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise?

They certainly could.  There is no published pre-cruise schedule.  You have to inquire once you board,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

They certainly could.  There is no published pre-cruise schedule.  You have to inquire once you board,

That was the first thing I did, to call for a reservation, when I got into my room.  I am on a “waitlist”.  We will see if we get “invited “.😉

• Like 2