Something I Never Experienced Before ...

80sGal

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have been on at least a dozen Carnival cruises since the restart, of different lengths, ports and itineraries, and not once have I smelled weed or witnessed a fight. 

I don't know what kind of crowd the rest of y'all are attracting... 😁

Same. (Except I have seen people yell at other people and some general bad behavior, but it was never a physical fight.) Never smelled weed anywhere.  I think maybe it is some of the 3/4 day cruises, spring break cruises and short cruises from New Orleans where this happens.  

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 2

This topic has been talked to death on CC. Again?  Sheeezzz 

A)  illegal with consequences on ships - feeling lucky?  Fools…

B)  Never heard of or seen Cannabis users in fights or brawls. Been around them for 48 years. Lol

Actually, have never seen a fight or brawl on any ship. 

C)  Many,  many high earning successful people smoke, eat, and or vape Cannabis.  
D)  Mind your own snoot, y’all. 🙄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

That is exactly what the puppers are looking for..

20230225_082620.jpg

I get it,  but do you have any idea how many people have weed,  cocaine on a ship for personal use?  
i was thinking that since they now just let you sail through customs it would be easy to smuggle a couple suitcases full of heroin or cocaine.  I think this is what they are looking for.  Plus the officer gets to go on a cruise!!! 

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Same. (Except I have seen people yell at other people and some general bad behavior, but it was never a physical fight.) Never smelled weed anywhere.  I think maybe it is some of the 3/4 day cruises, spring break cruises and short cruises from New Orleans where this happens.  

Been on several of each of those since the restart and still nada.

2 hours ago, resetjet said:

I get it,  but do you have any idea how many people have weed,  cocaine on a ship for personal use?  
i was thinking that since they now just let you sail through customs it would be easy to smuggle a couple suitcases full of heroin or cocaine.  I think this is what they are looking for.  Plus the officer gets to go on a cruise!!! 

And so do the dogs!

3 hours ago, resetjet said:

But they don't let you sail through.  The dogs and xrays are working behind the scenes.  Officers are watching, looking for specific behaviors.  Birth certificate holders get a close up look.  Passport holders names have been run through databases and if your travel history trips triggers an alert, they will pull you aside.  I believe this whole increased scrutiny is due to the smells forced on the rest of us.   If weed users had stuck  to nonodorous methods, no one would have cared.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:22 PM, TomCruise48 said:

Actually, most drug sniffing dogs are dogs that have shown to have a great propensity for chasing balls.  They are rewarded by their handler by tossing out a ball for them to retrieve. 

My DH's dog was rewarded with a tug toy and a game of tug with his handler. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:37 AM, chengkp75 said:

Even countries like Holland, where marijuana has been "decriminalized", do not allow marijuana onboard ships that fly their flag.  This is based on the IMO's (International Maritime Organization) SCTW (Standards of Competency, Training and Watchkeeping) convention, and the ILO's (International Labor Organization) MLC 2006 (Maritime Labor Convention), both part of the UN, which make all ships zero tolerance drug free zones.

But alcohol is allowed, correct ?

So what and why is the difference ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, quattrohead said:

But alcohol is allowed, correct ?

So what and why is the difference ?

Alcohol is allowed for passengers, since it is not classified by the WHO as a dangerous drug, so it is allowed onboard.  Alcohol can affect the crew's ability to perform needed safety functions, and can lead to additional injuries performing daily functions.  Alcohol for crew is strictly limited, with random alcohol testing, and the crew can have no more than a 0.05% (lower than most state's DUI limit), at any time while serving on a ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Asking for a friend, if one should smell the devil's weed and can find the perpetrator, is it inappropriate to pull up a chair next to the perpetrator and enjoy the second hand smoke?  Seems like all benefit no risk....purely hypothetical, of course...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3