Are there food trucks in ketchikan or juneau?

latebuyer

Thanks. Thats good to know for juneau.  I may try burger queen or annabelle’s in ketchikan. I’d be going at 6:15 so height of dinner period so i’m concerned about the wait although my cruise ship doesn’t leave until 10.

Not sure I’ve seen food trucks in Ketchikan—there’s an area where you can buy kettle corn popcorn, hot dogs, etc.  We go to the Asylum Bar that serves Burger Queen as well as Annabelle’s.

There are food ‘trucks’ in Juneau.  You need to walk up Franklin Street to find them.  We like Dave’s Deckhand and the ice cream stand. There’s also a popular Filipino food stand near the Marine Park & Plaza. Lots of ship crew go there to get food—very busy but tasty food!

On 3/26/2023 at 5:33 AM, auntmeg said:

Deckhand Dave's is in Juneau on South Franklin Street.

http://www.deckhanddaves.com/

Deckhand Dave's is amazing! My wife and I visited on a cruise back in 2016, still to this day she asks me if we can take a flight from SLC to Juneau to just  get tacos. Luckily for her we are going on the same cruise in July 2023 on the Majestic. I look forward to eating these tacos again.

23 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. This is great. I can go to Burger Queen in Ketchikan and Deckhand Dave in Juneau. I'm on Royal Caribbean and food isn't supposed to be great so nice to have some inexpensive options. How about some ice cream?

I have yet to do a Royal Caribbean. I've been on Princess, Carnival and Disney. I always make it a point to eat local cuisine whenever I'm in port. I know that's additional cost because you get free food on the ship but there is something fun about experiencing the local food establishments. 
Have a great trip! It's been 4 years since my last cruise and I can't wait for my next one in July.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. This is great. I can go to Burger Queen in Ketchikan and Deckhand Dave in Juneau. I'm on Royal Caribbean and food isn't supposed to be great so nice to have some inexpensive options. How about some ice cream?

Had some of the best cruise food on RC Explorer OTS, beat X and Princess hands down.  YMMV.

🙂