Minimum time between excursions

douginct

Good luck trying to find 2 excursions in a single day. Of the 10 ports we are visiting in the British Isles, only 1 qualified as having enough time between excursions. When you do select your excursions on the website, it will prevent you from selecting a second one if it doesn’t have the minimum in between time.

It does seem that at most ports the timing of the excursions are such that you can't take a morning and afternoon excursion. I think in the cruises we have taken there has been only 1 instance where we could book 2 excursions in one day. The morning one always seemed to be 15 minutes short of meeting the minimum. Just a coincidence i am sure. 

It's not a lot of difference to doing a full days excursion with lunch.!

We've only done this a couple of times where there is something special to see in a place we may not get back to. There's always Sea days to recharge and catch up.

Though I'm loathe to refer to "the old days", in St Petersburg, it was possible there to do three tours in a day!  One day we went to Peterhof in the morning, came back and hopped straight onto another bus without (returning to the ship) to visit the Faberge museum but chose not to continue to the folk show that evening (though I'll bet some did).   There for three nights, you can imagine how exhausting it was (and how that affected the mood on board as tempers and tolerance ran shorter by the hour).  That experience taught us to maintain reasonable expectations of our own ability to (yes, @Silver Sweethearts!) fully enjoy the experience, especially in the company of others who were clearly struggling to do the same.

• Like 1

For us, one excursion is usually enough and we usually opt for the shorter offerings.

We have occasionally done two short ones (one am, one pm) or maybe a short daytime tour plus an evening excursion if in port overnight ................ but only if the tours look to be very special.

Sometimes we might do a short tour in the morning and then take the shuttle, if offered, into the local town in the afternoon.

75 minutes is the requisite time between tours to be able to book two in a day on line.

• Like 1

Personally, the destination is as important to me as the onboard ship experiences, so I would take 2 tours per day if Regent offered them. But, on our upcoming British Isle cruise there is only 1 port where the time between excursions meets the Regent criteria. When I plan private excursions I always make them full day trips (better value in my opinion). As they say, “different strokes for different folks”. I don’t go back to the same place twice and there are still so many places I want to visit, so I take in as much as I can as long as my body and mind will let me. So far, so good.

We would do 2 tours in one day if possible because the destination is more important than the ship experience for me.  We had the opportunity to do 2 on our last cruise and it worked our great as the morning tour was mostly on the bus and the afternoon one was a walking tour. Got to see more of the port and area than if we had just done 1 tour even an all day one. 

On 3/28/2023 at 6:42 AM, douginct said:

Does anyone know what the minimum time RSSC requires between excursions on one day?  i.e. If I book a morning excursion, how much time is required in between to book an afternoon excursion?

Thanks.

You can't book unless there are 75 minutes between excursions, but you can show up in the theater before the second excursion you want and see if there are any spaces available.

That was true for one day of our two tours a day this past Christmas…….we had to stand to stand on the hot dock under a small tent until everyone was there and tuned in they card ms and got the bus ticket then were lead to the bus parking lot. It is all a pain in the a$$, th Esther or dockside. Just give the bus ticket in The boarding materials and the time to meet the bus. Bus locations can be given on the day of tour in Passages. I guess this has to do with giving a chance to fill unclaimed seats on tour day.