I hope Viking cruisers don’t need to be told stuff like this….

Squawkman

On 3/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, SempreMare said:

@Squawkman to which article are intending to link?   (title?)

Try this if the Apple news link doesn't work: https://www.thestreet.com/travel/never-do-this-on-a-carnival-or-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship

On a related note, "flushable" wipes shouldn't be flushed.  Our local utility company went on the news saying don't flush any wipes down the toilets.  They just end up at the water treatment plant and clogging up the pipes.  These wipes are too thick to disintegrate like toilet papers do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Until the person doing the flushing has their toilet out of commission for what they flushed, there will always be people that don't think before they flush - or just don't care.

I live in a townhouse complex of 100 homes.  We are constantly being reminded by our management company to NOT flush any kind of wipe and even the ones that are advertised as "Plumber Certified" for flushing.

We have had numerous sewer backups to neighbours basements from wipes being flushed.  Can you blame people when the package says Tested With Plumbers?

In our townhomes, the s%&@ ends up in my basement.  On the cruise ship, you just cannot flush for hours to days and have to go to the public toilet down the corridor or on another deck.

IMG_4357 copy.jpg